INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help! My Support Request Was Ignored  (Read 1107 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Help! My Support Request Was Ignored
« on: April 07, 2015, 09:30:17 am »

EDIT: Split from http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=96745.0

My only beef is the support model. I would like if every paying customer should had their issues addressed and an feature requests/improvements accepted or declined with an explanation. For issues it would be nice if there was an (internal) trouble ticket system/quality control system that assigned a status to any problems reported and fed back to the post.

I have a LONG standing issue/request that annoys me and people I have setup MC for. We would like it so that upon opening MC on a device A (ie. laptop) to control device B (ie. media center) that device A starts with both the tree list open where last left off AND audio set to where it last was (ie. play THERE.) I guess I'm taking advantage of this thread to bring it up again hoping it will get some attention.
Please move the off topic part to a new thread (or an old one where you asked).  I'll remove this later today.  Explore startup options and the setting for "Last Location".

nonsub

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 09:00:48 pm »

Jim do you see the irony in this? I'm posting in this thread because my request/issue is being ignored. Hendrik was good enough to look into it and provide some explanation but I guess he got busy with other things. It's not a settings thing.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=88109.msg627072#msg627072

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 12:53:45 am »

The best way to get attention on an old thread is to bump it to the top of the list by posting an update to the original thread, not by hijacking other tangentially related threads.

Just because your request doesn't get done, doesn't mean it was ignored. It could mean a wide variety of things, including:
* they disagree
* they agree but never got to it and eventually forgot
* they agree but don't care very much and it is very low priority
* not enough people care for it to be worth the effort
* no one who can do anything about it saw the original post
* it is a difficult request for technical reasons
* not explaining yourself well in the original request

In any case, bumping your original thread (with additional explanation if you think your point may not have gotten across), or posting a separate request (if your previous one was all mixed up with a bunch of requests) is the best way to get something done.  Sometimes, it will never happen. They don't always agree, and Media Center is not supposed to do everything all the time for everyone.  But, a lot of times it works, especially if you get other customers who agree with your request.

A good way to not succeed is to make requests in big, confusing threads with lots of unrelated requests or discussions about lots of different topics. That's why Jim suggested you do it that way, because it works better, not to be a jerk or to tell you to go away.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Arindelle

Re: Help! My Support Request Was Ignored
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 03:26:06 am »

I think also that people should recognize the difference between help to support functions that exist, and support for those that don't -- aka a feature request. No matter how convinced one can be of a needed function, this could break other functionality or be too time intensive to implement.
Pages: [1]   Go Up