INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems Converting to Handheld – MP3 - different quality levels  (Read 1482 times)

PaulZ

• Recent member

I want to convert my 25,000 FLAC files to three different MP3 levels for different purposes:

-   Extreme … for SONOS
-   Normal … for my laptop
-   Small … for my tablet and phone

I’ve created three Handheld devices with the following parameters:
-   Simultaneous: 8
-   Mode: Specified output format
-   Encoder: MP3
-   Encoder Settings: either Extreme, Normal or Small
-   Cover Art: no change
-   Apply DSP … not checked
-   Playlists & Smart Lists Checked

Here are the problems I'm having:
-   During the 7 hours of converting … JR stops responding for no reason (anti-virus is disabled) and I have to do it again.
-   The output files for teach track are the same sizes … looks like “small”, so they are not converting to the specified format.

During conversion I see the “Stack Icon” on the screen.  So what parameter do I have to change to get the proper MP3 files?

PaulZ

• Recent member
Re: Problems Converting to Handheld – MP3 - different quality levels
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 07:35:58 am »

Hi:

I solved the crashing problem by eliminating the default Smart List "Small Images and Videos" from the conversion.  That smart list picked ups some strange picture files and videos that made MC go into a "not responding mode".

I still cannot figure out how to eliminate the conversion cashe that seems to prevent me from converting to my desired MP3 quality level and eliminate all the MP3 files / stacks that are linked to my FLAC files.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 10:00:03 am »

Hi:

I solved the crashing problem by eliminating the default Smart List "Small Images and Videos" from the conversion.  That smart list picked ups some strange picture files and videos that made MC go into a "not responding mode".

I still cannot figure out how to eliminate the conversion cashe that seems to prevent me from converting to my desired MP3 quality level and eliminate all the MP3 files / stacks that are linked to my FLAC files.

Search in the options for "conversion cache." There's a search box in the lower left corner of the options window.

PaulZ

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 05:03:15 pm »

Thanks for the response!

Here is what I did do:

1.   Found the conversion cashe on the C drive …. C:\Users\Paul\Music\JRiver Conversion Cache
2.   Deleted all the mp3 files
3.   Deleted all the Folders
4.   In MC … under Audio Files …. Deleted all the MP3 files on C: so all I had left in the database is my FLAC files on the network
5.     Reran the export to the Handheld .... this time it worked with the 8 threads showing converting then uploading to my NAS
6.     But after 8 hours (with 38 hours left) when I returned from work it is only showing one thread converting and uploading.
7.     Cancelled the conversion ..... restarted it ... it's showing 8 threads converting & uploading again.
8.     I typed in  "conversion cashe" in the search box on the Options screen.  When I click OK it jumps to the Start screen.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 05:26:19 pm »

Cache with a c

PaulZ

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 08:06:47 am »

Got it ... did it and stopped the cache.  I also stopped Windows trying to Index everything.

Is there documentation in the Wiki about this?

During the conversion every few hours MC stops responding.  I have to shut it down and restart the conversion.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 08:20:56 am »

Try with a smaller number of files (for testing use 100 files (or such) - to see if MC is actually working). Sometimes MC says its not responding when it is still working in the background. You may be cancelling too soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up