INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to update tags ?  (Read 931 times)

tiger2000

• Junior Woodchuck
How to update tags ?
« on: April 15, 2015, 11:33:29 pm »

Hi,

Most of my tv shows have the right tags, however some have 'W-L' and 'O-B-H' instead of the full name, meaning it creates a new separate entity to the tv show itself.
How do I update these tags, so that these single episodes automatically fall back into the tv show selection?

If you can please describe the step-by-step process, thanks!

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to update tags ?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 07:25:18 am »

What I do is go to Standard View and open Video>Files view. I add a couple of new columns (right click on header and select from the list) "Date Imported", "Media Sub Type". You should already have Season, Series, and Episode showing (if not add them too).

Then I sort by date imported so all the new stuff (TV shows) are at the top. Every couple of days I look at the list to see if the new imported stuff needs any tweaking. I also run the "Get TV and Movie" info if anything is missing (like "aired date, or episode description, cover art) but you need a Series name, Season number and Episode number for that feature to run).

To fix a bad tag, you click on the row to select it. Then you hit F2 to enter edit mode. You can move to different columns/tags on the same row by using the Tab and Shift+Tab keys. Also, the up and down arrows usually will let you move to a different row. Once you are on the Tag/field you want to edit, you can make your update and hit enter to save. Cntrl+Z is the undo if you make a mistake.

The basic info you need for each TV show: is Media sub type = "TV Show", Series Name, Name, (but you will want to have the Season number and Episode number too if you want to use the "Get TV and Movie info" tool).

This is an old picture - but it shows the fields I'm talking about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up