INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: flac and MP3 in same library and I want to create an itunes folder  (Read 972 times)

racertim

I have about 200GBs of music in my Media Center library.  Most of it is .flac but about 20% is already MP3.  I have the folder stored on both my PC and on a media server for backup.  I have painstakingly gone through every artist and every album using Jaikoz to make sure everything is correct.  About the only area that Jaikoz doesnt match well are compilations or "best of" files.  It generally wants to tie each song back to the original album.  But I digress, what I would like to do is convert all the Flac files to MP3 while keeping the stuctures intack.  It looks like if I convert the Flac files to a new folder it will leave behind the MP3s.  The goal is to duplicate my MC library but as MP3s and put that into a portable hard drive that I can transport.  Same thing if I use a third party software and convert the Flac files, it wants to leave the MP3s behind and not copy them to the new folder.  Ideas? Can I do this in MC20? 
Thanks

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: flac and MP3 in same library and I want to create an itunes folder
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 02:12:07 am »

Sure - I have configured a "Handheld" that is actually a folder that keeps/syncs a MP3 Versions of all my audio that I can then copy as needed.

Go to Tools --> Otpions --> Device Managment --> Add Device to create one.  Lots of options to play with and so good info in the Wiki:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Sync_Handheld

You can also use the same method to make a MP4 Library as well of you videos

Edit - here is a pic of it syncing.
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up