INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red October HQ MadVR Malfunctions  (Read 1934 times)

scm

• World Citizen
Red October HQ MadVR Malfunctions
« on: April 19, 2015, 12:45:22 pm »

Years ago I tried Red October HQ and it would display black when I would play a video.

Since then I've been using Red October Standard.

Now I have a computer which would definitely be considered fast enough to handle anything, and tried it again.

Again when I play a video it shows black until I detach the display (CTRL+6).  Any help for this?

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Re: Red October HQ MadVR Malfunctions
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 01:17:11 am »

Not until you describe many other details about your setup.

You have said nothing that distinguishes you from all the people who are using Red October HQ successfully.

We are not mind readers.

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 07:15:44 am »

Try closing MC and running: "%APPDATA%\J River\Media Center 20\Plugins\madvr\restore default settings.bat"

scm

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 12:47:03 pm »

Since the problem has persisted consistently over the course of half a decade over multiple computers having no commonalities, I didn't provide hardware details.

The appdata restore default settings didn't change anything.  This is a brand new computer with a fresh install of MC20.

Running 4 monitors.  ASROCK Z97 Anniversary motherboard, Intel i7-4790K, Win 7 64, 16GB RAM. 

Video only displays once I detach display full screen to the 4th monitor which is a Plasma TV.  If I then take that detached window and drag it back to one of my other 3 monitors, it again is black or it will freeze one frame of image while I can continue to hear the audio.

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 12:56:24 pm »

The fact that you're running four monitors could play a part.

Are any of these rotated displays? Up until very recently - and I don't believe MC has updated to the latest version yet - rotated displays were not supported at all.

Try closing MC, downloading the latest version of madVR, and extracting it to: %APPDATA%\J River\Media Center 20\Plugins\madvr\

scm

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 02:06:24 pm »

Indeed the 3 LCD monitors are rotated in portrait mode.

And sure enough your suggestion to download the latest version of MadVR and extract it completely fixed the problem!

Thanks everyone!
Pages: [1]   Go Up