INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update tags at end of all inputs  (Read 1594 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Update tags at end of all inputs
« on: October 01, 2003, 06:05:07 am »

How can I tell MC to wait until ALL tag changes are made to selected files before updating the tags?

Eg: Moving info from comment field to a custom semi-colon delimited field requires 2 steps: 1. replace comma with semi-colon in comment field; 2. move comment info to new field using Copy/Move fields.

I don't want MC to update the tags on the files after step 1 only to do it again at step 2. Can't it wait until I'm completely done noodling with all tags?
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Update tags at end of all inputs
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 06:10:12 am »

All the file property tools add an undo log entry and apply the changes when they finish.

It's easy to make them not apply the changes until you select something else or change views though. (like in-place editing does)

Does anyone have any objections?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

LonWar

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2003, 07:29:32 am »

How about a save button?

That way you can do all your changes, and when your done click a button and it saves it all...
-

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2003, 08:20:44 am »

The idea of synching or saving isn't something we want to burden users with.

For the most part, saving on selection / view change works well enough that it's not a big issue.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2003, 02:14:14 pm »

I think the current method is more of a 'burden' on us users.  If I'm just editing the tags for a single album's worth of files, I make the changes in the Action Window, then I naturally look for a save button (Don't blame me, every other developer has drilled it into my little head that I have to click save to keep my changes).  Instead, I have to click somewhere outside the list of selected files.  This location I have to click to apply the changes moves depending on what files I was modifying.  I'd really prefer a fixed button to click on to confirm my changes.

Not having the button may "seem" simpler, but it's different, and therefore it requires more thought in the end.  Unless going against the norm results in something significantly simpler, it's probably best to stick with the norm.

-John
Pages: [1]   Go Up