INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Steinberg UR824: Recording 5.1 input  (Read 2722 times)

RKEYOLOGY

• Recent member
Steinberg UR824: Recording 5.1 input
« on: May 12, 2015, 01:23:25 pm »

Trying to set up my Steinberg UR824 to record 5.1 audio coming from JRiver into Cubase.  I had it set up a few months back but forgot how I did it.  I'm not sure what to set as my default playback device in Windows.  I think in the past I had JRiver WDM drivers as default configured for 5.1 and was using the Steinberg ASIO multiclient driver for JRiver as well as Cubase.  And also had optical outs routed into optical ins. 

The problem now is that there are no the JRiver WDM in the list of options in Windows playback devices list.  I enabled it under features, rebooted but still nothing shows up.  I've also tried using VB-Audio Cable as a default playback device.  I get 5.1 audio playback but when I record I have dead silence.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Steinberg UR824: Recording 5.1 input
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 02:18:20 pm »

After you enable the WDM driver in the features, you need to reinstall JRiver for the driver to be installed.

I'm trying to understand what you want to record. Do you want to use Cubase to record audio coming from JRiver? What is the source of the audio for JRiver?

RKEYOLOGY

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 02:56:08 pm »

Exactly, I'd like to be able to use Cubase to record audio coming from JRiver.  The source is usually from DVD and the internet.   

RKEYOLOGY

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 03:10:47 pm »

Tried installing again, made sure WDM  Driver was ticked and tried installing JRiver on top of the installation I already have, still nothing.  Am i following you correctly?

RKEYOLOGY

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 08:16:19 pm »

Why can't I get The WDM drivers to install?  Anyone else having this issue?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 08:23:00 pm »

Are you using 20.0.108?  It's on the MC20 board now.

RKEYOLOGY

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 09:31:09 pm »

Thanks JimH!.  The drivers installed perfectly with the new build and I have everything working the way I was hoping for.  You just saved me from wasting another night spinning my wheels.  I was starting to lose it lol.  Already wasted two days with this.  Thanks again man! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up