INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.264 beta available  (Read 5849 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.264 beta available
« on: September 30, 2003, 02:16:04 pm »

Please read carefully before downloading.

This is BETA software.  There are still some known (and unknown) bugs.      

The latest known stable version of 9.1 beta is here:    
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter9_1.exe    

The latest build of 9.1 beta is here:    
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91264.exe

Please report only known problems in this thread.   If you want to discuss changes in the UI or make requests, please use another thread.

History:
1. Fixed: Improved handling of files larger than 2 GB.
2. Fixed: SetValue and GetValue functions in Metamorphis did not work correctly.
3. Changed: Align attribute for InfoDisplay mini-me skin items now can use alingment and annimation at the same time. (e.g., Align="Center,Scroll")
4. Changed: Several small tweaks for Action Window / handheld transfer usability.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

BikeRacer2k

• nothing more to say...
Re: Media Center 9.1.264 beta available
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 02:33:58 pm »

Hi.

I've been lurking for a while and thought I would jump in with this question...

I was wondering if the play count and rating stats are being passed back to the media server and intergrated into its database yet.  I'm really looking forward to this feature.  Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this question.

Thanks for any info.

breadfan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2003, 02:34:14 pm »

im not sure if it started in 260 or 261 but it still affects 264 but fade out now doesnt work. it will take all the time that a fade would but doesnt actually execute the fade. ie you press stop and it wont let you do anything while the music continues (and doesnt fade) and then stops abruptly while the program still won't let you control it like i should if it was actually fading.  

also someone on the last message confirmed this same problem and this also applies to seeking on a song.

God bless you all

NoCodeUK

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2003, 02:43:29 pm »

I agree.  Cross fade is definitely broken...I tried an aggresive 4 second xfade and MC switches to the next track as if to fade but finishes the old track and then starts the new one...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

ben1000

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2003, 02:44:45 pm »

Howdy...

What happening to .263? Did I miss it?

Here's an strange bug....

When switching from Mini-me to Mega-me while the Mega-me view is NOT playing now (can be any other view), the little vizulization window from the Mini-me does not disappear, and actually get stuck outside the applications window, on the desktop.  

If you then select 'playing now' in the mega-me, it goes away.  

This happens for me every time I switch from mini to mega to a view that isn't 'playing now'.  

Hope this is easily reproduced... If it matters, I'm using a laptop with an ATI 9000 video chipset.

Regards,

Ben

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2003, 02:47:19 pm »

I agree.  Cross fade is definitely broken...I tried an aggresive 4 second xfade and MC switches to the next track as if to fade but finishes the old track and then starts the new one...

I can't reproduce it.  What file types?  If it takes a while for an input plugin to start feeding data, the crossfade can become shorter than specified.  Are others seeing this?

dragyn

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2003, 02:51:05 pm »

Why is it....when I click on a toolbar button (bottom row), I have to click it like 5 times before it does anything? Like fullscreen, etc. (all of them)

Anyone else seeing this? Seems like the tooltip is in the way.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2003, 02:54:59 pm »

Matt.  I got this on MP3, 4 second aggressive and 4 second smooth.  No xfade at all, one track finishes next one starts...I will do a bit more testing.  I have a couple of apes too so I will try those as well

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

dragyn

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2003, 02:58:22 pm »

I'm suprised no one has reported this one:

Auto-hide bar covers the horizontal scroll bar in track infos. Unable to scroll the page.

(you guys must not like horizontal scroll bars for some reason.)

NoCodeUK

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2003, 02:59:27 pm »

Nope.  I just tested and I am not getting anything on APE either.  I have updated my sound card drivers recently.  Not sure if that is the issue.  It is an SB Live Player 1024 and I am using the last but one driver set as I had ui issues with the latest (it wouldn't laod the ui at all :))

Sys Ino below:

Media Center Registered 9.1.264 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1538 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 90 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive K:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive L:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-106D   Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
 Drive G: MITSUMI  CR-48X9TE          Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2003, 03:04:15 pm »

Why is it....when I click on a toolbar button (bottom row), I have to click it like 5 times before it does anything? Like fullscreen, etc. (all of them)
Anyone else seeing this? Seems like the tooltip is in the way.

Do you have the Windows taskbar on top of the screen? I only get this when I have MC on my second monitor (there is no Windows taskbar) and MC is close to the bottom border of the screen, so toolbar tooltips are forced to open upwards. The tooltip is opened under the mouse arrow then and the mouse has to be moved a little bit to get off the tooltip for "reaching" the buttons...

dragyn

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2003, 03:06:09 pm »

It's on the bottom. I never really had to worry about it before. It started a few builds ago.

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2003, 03:06:42 pm »

Around 35% CPU Usage When Mouse Rests In PlayerBar Area ? ? ?
With this bug, some previous builds had up to 80% CPU usage, build .257 had up to 40% usage - so it's already improved quite much... but there's still a "leftover" of 15% CPU usage with build .264 that maybe unnecessary:
On my system, MC has about 2% of CPU usage when minimized, 2% to 5% when displaying library.
It uses 2% to 20% when in PlayingNow (dependent on visualization...) - so far so good...
But when the mouse is over the PlayerBar area, about 15% additional CPU usage is needed. It doesn't matter if the mouse is moving or not, if the arrow is over the display, sliders, buttons or just the background. The program is not doing anything more, but it catches these 15%... The memory usage is not increased.

List Drawing Bug
The button list in the "Customize Menu Bar" dialog does not support the transparency of the "SmallIcons.png".

Top Toolbar Drawing Bug
If "OffsetX" for the "TopBar" has a value greater than 50, the Minimize-, Maximize/Restore-, and Close-Buttons of the Mainframe are overdrawn by the toolbar buttons when resizing MC to a smaller width.

Frame Drawing Bug
The Minimize-, Maximize/Restore-, and Close-Buttons of "Frame"/Dialog windows don't show  "mouse over"/hover effect. Only normal and "mouse down" states are displayed.

No Refresh Of Track Info with Streaming Media
When starting to listen to a web radio station, Playing Now's Track Info template is not reloaded - it shows the "Generated.html" that was created the last time that the station was selected (maybe weeks ago...). Only switching the station or selecting another Track Info template generates a new "Generated.html" with current entries.
When listening to web radio, Playing Now's Track Info does not refresh when a new song starts. It's sticked to the page that was loaded (or rather was forced to load, as mentioned previously...) when you start listening to the station.

---------------------------------------------------------
DirectX 9.0b - Matrox G550

Media Center 9.1.264 -- C:\Programme\Audio\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 2012 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 827 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3315.2902 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive J: TEAC     CD-W524E           Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2003, 03:11:14 pm »

It's on the bottom.

Are the tooltips not drawn downwards, over the windows taskbar?

dragyn

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2003, 03:14:15 pm »

They go up. The mouse it under the tool tip. Bottom-left corner.

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2003, 03:20:36 pm »

They go up. The mouse it under the tool tip. Bottom-left corner.
Well, that sounds like bug then... :P

dragyn

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2003, 03:24:19 pm »

nasty one too (for me). My mouse doesn't like it.

ZRocker

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2003, 05:17:13 pm »

Bug:
1. When you F2 (Rename) the Filename (name) of a file, MC changes the list icon (from music note) to a 'missing' icon (Paper with a red X in bottom right corner).   MC thinks the file has gone missing or something after the file rename...I was under the column "Filename (name)" when I did the F2 (Rename).

LisaRCT

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2003, 05:44:18 pm »

Bug:
1. When you F2 (Rename) the Filename (name) of a file, MC changes the list icon (from music note) to a 'missing' icon (Paper with a red X in bottom right corner).   MC thinks the file has gone missing or something after the file rename...I was under the column "Filename (name)" when I did the F2 (Rename).

Confirmed,
and if you follow with "Clean File Properties" or "Update tags from Library" then it returns to a blue note.

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2003, 06:16:54 pm »

I think above xfade problem and my xfade problem are just the same.  For the case of my xfade problem, I hear the short period of the end of the last song repeatedly.  However, this is regular behavior of sound device when its buffer become empty.  Sound device plays the contents of its own buffer repeatedly.  I'm storing my music in network drive, so it takes a few seconds to retrieve music file from network.

My xfade problem is something like this.  I played musics.  1st music is 5:00 length.  MC9.1 shows 4:50..4:51..4:52..4:53 then -0:06..-0:05..-0:04..-0:03.  From this point, MC9.1 starts to play the last portion of music repeatedly until the time become 0:00.  Then, MC9.1 continues the play-back.  (I said MC9.1 is playing music repeatedly, but technically I guess MC9.1 is just hangs for a while and sound device is playing the contents of buffer repeatedly.)

I'm checked both ASIO and wave with RME Digi96/8PST.  I tried xfade aggressive 0 sec, xfade agg 4 sec, and gapless.  All showed the similar result, playing the short period of music repeatedly.

Moreover, when I jumped from a track to another with ASIO, MC9.1 plays the last portion of music repeatedly while it is showing "buffering 38%...6X%...100%".  For the case of wave, MC9 just stops the playback while buffering data.  Wish MC9.1 stops playback whenever it's doing not scheduled buffering (I think scheduled buffering as something like continuous play and unscheduled play as jump).

BTW, I replied to the message from Matt.  Just info.

LonWar

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2003, 06:18:02 pm »

Every few min, I get a window that pops up saying, saving Database...

Is there anyway to turn that off... It's pretty annoying...

Thanks,
-

Panther1403

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2003, 11:50:36 pm »

What happened to the genre view scheme? all my music was sorted by genre and now its very difficult to find the songs i want to listen to. Is it going to be put back? is there a way for me to make a genre view scheme my self? iv tried and cant get it to work.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2003, 01:53:36 am »

I reported this a few builds ago and hoped it would be changed, because its only cosmetic, I thought. But it still isn't, so I'll report it again and please you to change it:

Open - First Reported: 30.08.2003
Contrast of playing file in Action Window
In the Playing now tab of the action window the playing file is highlighted... or should be. In the PixOS Skin (It's in MC, not Skin related) The contrast beetween the not playing files and the playing one should be increased, or the number should be changed to an Icon (as it is in the Content View)

And another thing (was this discussed in any thread?):

Open - First Reported: 29.08.2003
Horizontal scrollbar is missing in Organization Tree
When expanding e.g. playlists with long filenames or in x-subfolder, a vertical scrollbar is needed, but it's not there. I realized your comment on one build
10. Fixed: In certain cases, the tree would scroll right. (again, to see more horizontally in the tree use the tree / list splitter)

but this is no solution. To make the tree half screen, only to see all the complete album names (albums as playlists) e.g. is no (good) way to solve this.  
(¯`·. Please bring back the horizontal scroll bar .·`¯)

ZRocker

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2003, 02:42:41 am »

Bug:
1. Sometimes MC does not draw the Org Tree vertical scroll bar when returning to MC's window (from another application window)...leaving 'residue' from previous window...see:

This is on my PCs (two) with Win2000 Pro and SP4.  This happens when MC displays a vertical scrollbar, but it's really not needed (or useable) because the Org Tree's list is not long enough yet...but, very, very close to being scrollable (like 1 list item short of the Action Window).  In this case, MC displays a vertical scrollbar but you can't activate or use it.  Then, you switch to another application and comeback to MC and MC 'thinks' no vertical scroolbar is needed and doesn't redraw that portion of the screen.  If the veritical scrollbar is needed/valid because the Org Tree list is long enough, the scrollbar is redrawn properly.

nivw

• World Citizen
  • "I m singing in the rain, na na nanana..."
Y can't I listen to web media?
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2003, 02:53:48 am »

I was watchig TV, so my playing now if full of stations.
I go to web media and click the listen Icon next to radio paradise. MC starts the TV again , and I can't hear the radio.

Niv

Empyrean

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2003, 05:01:36 am »

When inserting a CD, the action window does not show "Rip CD". It only showns "Burn CD" which makes no sense if it isn't a CDR.

Also, is there no "Clear" toolbar button for the search form?

Keep up the good work!

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
  • Geurilla Recording At Its Best
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2003, 05:21:33 am »

I have had this problem with the last few builds. I cannot burn audio CDs. At the very end of the burn it hangs on the lead-out and session close. I have to turn the machine off to fix it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Media Center Registered 9.1.264 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1811 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 712 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2730.1200 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.115 (xpclnt_qfe.021108-2107) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive F: SONY     CD-RW  CRX210E1    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2003, 05:58:35 am »

I was wondering if the play count and rating stats are being passed back to the media server and intergrated into its database yet.  I'm really looking forward to this feature.  Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this question.

It's too big of a change for 9.1, but it's something we'd like to do for v10.

Thanks.

What happened to the genre view scheme? all my music was sorted by genre and now its very difficult to find the songs i want to listen to. Is it going to be put back? is there a way for me to make a genre view scheme my self? iv tried and cant get it to work.

You can create (almost) any view scheme you can imagine.  Explore the "Edit > Add View Scheme" menu. (use "Custom..." for full control over everything)

NoCodeUK

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2003, 06:33:57 am »

Matt,

I took your suggestion and icreased the fade length time to 10 seconds and I am now geting roughly a four second fade.  I am pretty sure I used to get a four second fade with it set to 4s but hey it is working at least!!

Adam

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2003, 06:41:57 am »

add modifier "Duplicates" is still broke in this version.

If you select a drive, then add the duplicates modifier "name"  it shows all the duplicates on that drive that are in the data base.  not just the duplicates on the selected drive.  This was reported in version 260 as well.
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2003, 08:32:56 am »

Bug:
1. Sometimes MC does not draw the Org Tree vertical scroll bar when returning to MC's window (from another application window)...leaving 'residue' from previous window........

Confirmed - Same here...

mjcumming

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2003, 08:58:52 am »

Analyze still broken

akmed

• Recent member
  • It's better to burn out, than to fade away....
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2003, 10:26:08 am »

long-standing Bug:

Multiple sound devices in Windows (XP or otherwise), volume control in MC only affects the Windows default sound device, regardless of chosen sound device in zone profile.

Quite annoying, especially when using multiple zones.

This used to work, in MJ8.

--Kurt

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2003, 12:02:01 pm »

add modifier "Duplicates" is still broke in this version.  

If you select a drive, then add the duplicates modifier "name"  it shows all the duplicates on that drive that are in the data base.  not just the duplicates on the selected drive.  This was reported in version 260 as well.

I can't reproduce this.

If it makes any difference, the search order is tree, search box, then panes.  So changing the search will change what the panes show.

Please start another thread if you'd like to dig deeper.  Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up