INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More newbie tagging questions  (Read 962 times)

tngiloy

• Junior Woodchuck
More newbie tagging questions
« on: April 21, 2015, 08:44:25 am »

I have tagged my library and have it pretty much perfect, but there are a couple of things I would like to do, but I'm not sure are possible.

1- I would like to put some individual albums into a folder. I have a number of oldies cd's from 50's & 60's that are now all listed separately (alphabetically) throughout the 'artists' list. I would like to build an 'oldies' folder to keep them all in. Is there a way to do this? If so, how do I tag them to keep their individual album name, yet group them together?

2-This is kind of the opposite question. Is there a way to tag an album to be listed in 2 different locations. For example;
Lowell George 'Thanks I'll eat it here'  I would like to list as a solo album/artist and also have it show up in the Little Feat folder. Is this possible?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: More newbie tagging questions
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 07:47:31 pm »

1.  Just use the rename,move,copy tool to move the albums to the oldies folder.  The album info will stay the same but MC will know they are moved

2.  You can do this but it would take a custom tag field...

tngiloy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 08:18:06 pm »

Ferday,
Thanks. I actually found that by making sure the 'genres' were tagged correctly (I tagged the albums as 'oldies') that they are consolidated together the way I want.

I'm not sure what you mean by a custom tag field?  Is it available in MC20?
Not a big deal, and I can live without it, but it would be nice if I could do it.
Thanks again,
Tom

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 09:10:04 pm »

You can either make your own tagging field, or use one that you aren't right now (like keywords is a good choice)

Then tag the keywords field with 'little feat' and make a view that can see the keywords (or whatever field you choose/make)

The other way is to make the album artist little feat, and the artist Lowell George

Yet another way is to delimit your artist field, so you'd type in [artist]
Lowell George;Little Feat

They all do kind of the same thing with a few differences...try them and see!
Pages: [1]   Go Up