INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add (not replace) info to a "varies" field  (Read 998 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Add (not replace) info to a "varies" field
« on: October 01, 2003, 06:32:18 am »

I want to add a keyword to about 100 files, but those files already have keywords, so that when I go to the properties box, the keyword field says "varies". Seems the only option is to replace with the new keyword.  Can't I just add my word?

I know I can do this by dragging my files unto the new keyword in a vew scheme, but that's a bit clunky, because I have to first create the new keyword at least once so that it appears in the list, then I have to create the view scheme, or if it's already created, I have to refresh the list by clicking somewhere else in the tree and then back on the keywords view scheme.

Much easier to just add the word at the end of "varies" or at the end of the first item of the list in in-place editing.  Is there a way other than dragging onto a view scheme?
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: Add (not replace) info to a "varies"
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 09:50:53 am »

I think creating the view scheme is going to be your best bet. But at least then, you can use tagging mode to add that keyword to the files you want.

I would think that having it as a view scheme would be beneficial anyway, because then you can do cool searches on multiple keywords using the panes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up