INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get MC to see external USB hard drive and import library?  (Read 1914 times)

JCB

• Recent member

Have read posts and tried suggestions but no success in getting MC to recognize USB external hard drive added to my computer. Lap top with Windows 8 is running low on memory hence the reason on storing music files on the external drive. Any help in a step by step approach to resolve is greatly appreciated. I'm limited in my computer skills and was amazed that I was able to get MC to work on the first try. I'm new to high quality digital down loads but am impressed with some of the quality vs high end analog that I own.
Thank you in advance.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to get MC to see external USB hard drive and import library?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 05:31:19 am »

First I'm assuming that you can "see" the USB drive in Windows Explorer. Sometimes external drives take a minute or so to spin up.

Then I'd check your auto-import configuration, making sure that the Drive path you see in Windows is in your configuration. Also check that the file types you are importing are checked (like FLAC, mp3 etc.). Run a manual import afterwards, just to be sure its not something simple like that.

You could also try a different USB port -- sometimes weird things happen over USB ... especially on laptops

If you have limited computer skiills, I'd double check your initial configuration of MC from this page and read the linked pages for audio (and video too if needed) => http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Getting_Started There are screen shots that might be helpful. And some of the vocabulary used makes it easier to get help if you know it.

Hope this helps sort things.   :)

JCB

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 06:36:32 pm »

Thank you for your timely response. I actually understand your suggestions even with my limited computer skills.
Thanks again.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 02:08:30 am »

sure no problem. Welcome to the forum  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up