INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Transfer View Schemes  (Read 1348 times)

CurtisCee

How to Transfer View Schemes
« on: September 30, 2003, 09:14:07 am »

I triple-boot between Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows 2000 Professional and Windows XP Professional.  I installed the current non-beta version of Media Center 9 on the Windows 2000 partition and created some new View Schemes.  I recently installed Media Center 9 on the Windows XP Professional partition into the same directory as it was installed in Windows 2000 Professional.  It retained the playlists and other settings in the new Windows XP installation, but the View Schemes I created did not migrate with the installation.  I'm assuming that the settings for View Schemes are stored outside of the Media Center 9 program folder--perhaps in the Windows OS folders.  I'd like to find out where View Scheme settings are stored so that I can copy those files or folders to my XP installation.  I would also imagine that this would be a good feature addition or improvement: centralizing View Scheme settings in the same way as Playlists so that they will automatically be recognized even when installed from a separate partition.  Thanks to all who respond in advance.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: How to Transfer View Schemes
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 10:59:29 am »

View schemes are saved in the library. (MC\Data\browser.jmd)

MC 9.1 can not load MC 9.0 and earlier view schemes, but as long as the versions of the software are the same, you should be able to share the library across installations.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dragyn

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2003, 03:35:01 pm »

For v20, I'd like to see 'copy' as a menu to recreate current views.

It took me a long time yesterday to make view schemes already made. That would have come in handy.

CurtisCee

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2003, 05:09:26 pm »

This is a classic "duh!".  As Matt indicates, and I assumed, the information was in fact stored in the data folder.  The reason that it was not picking up the information from the view schemes was the fact that I had created/moved the library to another location.  I immediately accepted Matt's answer as gospel and scratched my head for two seconds before concluding that the library must've been elsewhere.  So I went of course to Media Center's Library Manager and bingo, it was where I saved it (but forgot).  Foiled again not by Media Center, but by human error.  Thanks Matt and everyone else.  Hope this helps anyone else who makes the same mistake.
Pages: [1]   Go Up