INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre View - limiting "related" content views  (Read 1153 times)

Raimy

• Recent member
Theatre View - limiting "related" content views
« on: May 01, 2015, 08:05:49 am »

In Theatre view, lets say i open my Movies > Blockbusters view. I choose to take a closer look at the movie "Sin City" by clicking on it to see more textual details about the movie in the expanded view. In genre's, it states: Action;Crime;Thriller;Fantasy. Great! - Oh it's only 720p i say to myself. I decide to click on the [Genre] field to find a similar movie, this action opens a new view with ALL... (kitchen sink and Zanussi tumble drier inc ;D) content sharing one or more Genre values. I love this view, however, i'm missing the ability to restrict content displayed in this view in the way i can with all other views. ie rules.

Which rules govern this view? Are they configurable?

I love the fact that i can see the film "Sin City" along side all the other movies with Action;Crime;Thriller;Fantasy as Genre's, but i also have Tv show episodes with "Action" as a genre, and whilst i want to also see that in this view i'd prefer not to see every single episode. I wish to be able to group by series.

From what i can tell this view is a default view which allows every [Media Type] to be displayed regardless of rules governing it's parent view, and is non configurable, but i just wanted to be certain i wasn't missing something.

Great piece of software btw.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theatre View - limiting "related" content views
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 04:42:00 am »

Which rules govern this view? Are they configurable?

Hi

Looks like your post got a bit lossed in the sauce here  ;D

anyway not sure what rules are for this view as I don't have anymore stock views running now. However in answer to your question yes, they are indeed configurable .. you can also indicate fields that you want to show, that might not be displaying (theater view options - top section)

So you can either create a total custom view or as you like this one already, you can highlight it (again under options theater view - bottom pane and change the rules, categories etc -- bottom right pane). You could also make views in standard mode then import them.

hope this helps
Pages: [1]   Go Up