INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library anomolies- pse point me in the right direction!  (Read 1093 times)

chrisc

• Junior Woodchuck
Library anomolies- pse point me in the right direction!
« on: May 12, 2015, 01:31:13 am »

Question 1...

Three days ago, imported a 3 CD set of Clara Schumann Piano.  Before importing, I checked the meta-data to make sure all the fields were correct.  CD1 was labelled Volume 1, CD2, Volume 2, etc.  Imported these into the library.  When I went to Audio view, it showed me volumes 1 and 3, no trace of volume 2.  Also, volume 3 only contained 5 tracks out of the 18

Why does JRiver do this?

Yet this morning when I looked again, all 3 albums are stored and catalogued correctly!

question 2...

Sometimes when I copy a ripped CD into the folder where other music is stored, it shows up in Audio view immediately, sometimes not.  Then when I go back the next day, albums that appeared are no longer there and I have to import them again

Thanks
If music be the food of love, play on

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Library anomolies- pse point me in the right direction!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 09:24:05 am »

Question 1...

Three days ago, imported a 3 CD set of Clara Schumann Piano.  Before importing, I checked the meta-data to make sure all the fields were correct.  CD1 was labelled Volume 1, CD2, Volume 2, etc.  Imported these into the library.  When I went to Audio view, it showed me volumes 1 and 3, no trace of volume 2.  Also, volume 3 only contained 5 tracks out of the 18

Why does JRiver do this?

Yet this morning when I looked again, all 3 albums are stored and catalogued correctly!

Sometimes auto-import takes a minute to find everything (or sometimes much longer than a minute).  Were you using auto import or running a manual import?

question 2...

Sometimes when I copy a ripped CD into the folder where other music is stored, it shows up in Audio view immediately, sometimes not.  Then when I go back the next day, albums that appeared are no longer there and I have to import them again

Thanks

Is your music folder a network location?  MC relies on filesystem events to know if new files show up, and some NAS devices inconsistently send those notifications.  So if you have the files on a NAS (or a filesystem that doesn't support filesystem notifications), auto-import won't always find things right away.

Likewise, if you have files on a network location, try disabling the "fix broken links" setting in the auto import options.  If this setting is enabled, sometimes when MC can't reach a network drive it will remove the library entries for those files.  Try disabling the setting entirely and see if things still disappear.

If all your files are local (on a drive in your computer), something else is going on and you might need to take different troubleshooting steps.

chrisc

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Library anomolies- pse point me in the right direction!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 11:25:24 am »

Yes, the files are on a (permanently attached) USB hdd which is labelled "Z" in Windows.  I have noticed that tag changes take a few mins to complete
If music be the food of love, play on
Pages: [1]   Go Up