INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 20 has stopped working  (Read 4385 times)

titus

• Recent member
Media Center 20 has stopped working
« on: May 10, 2015, 04:15:01 am »

Hi all. I'm really hoping someone can help me. I've been running JRiver since v19, and successfully updated to v20 when it first became available. All has been running well (on a Dell PC running Windows 7 that is solely used as a media centre). However, for some reason, in the last few days, (since updating to v 200103) JRiver seems to hang after about 12-30 seconds of launch. I've tried the suggested uninstall, restart, re-install several times, but with no success. I've also now tried installing v200106, but no joy there either.

I have seen on some posts that some antivirus software can cause conflicts. I've been using Iobit Advanced System Care, and briefly Spybot (now removed), but even if I disable these it doesn't seem to help. 

In the brief few seconds that I have been able to get JRiver to run, I was able to enable the logging function (latest log attached), but not sure this tells me very much. I've tried leaving the 'Media Center has stopped working' message on screen for a while to see if it goes away, but unfortunately JRiver just crashes.

If anyone has any idea what might be causing this, I would be extremely grateful.
Many thanks in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 20 has stopped working
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 07:50:24 am »

If it is a problem with antivirus, disabling may not be enough.  Uninstall to be certain.

Try turning off audio analysis and auto import.  If you find a file that causes the problem, we would like to see it.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 07:58:26 am »

Your log suggests that it crashed and wrote a crash dump. Please use Help -> Logging -> Report a problem, and attach the entire .zip file it generates here, or mail it to logs at jriver dot com.
With the full crash information, we can see where exactly it happens, and hopefully fix it!

PS:
If you cannot reach that menu because it crashes too fast, the "(Previous) Crash.dmp" file is what we're most interested in (same folder as the log file). If you put it into a .zip file, it should be small enough to attach it here.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

titus

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 10:04:38 am »

Hi Hendrik and JimH

Many thanks for getting back to me - really appreciated.  I will try un-installing the anti-virus software, and I'll see if that helps.

In the meantime, I've attached the previous crash dmp file, as suggested - hope this helps.

Many thanks again, and hope you're having a good weekend.
Cheers

titus

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 02:47:54 pm »

Hi Again

I've tried removing Adnvanced System Care Ultimate, restarted, and still have the same problem unfortunately. As I don't really have any much else running on this PC, I can't really think what else might be causing this. If you do find anything in the crash.dmp, I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 10:28:08 am »

We may have found something, and it'll hopefully be fixed in the future.
It looks like one file is broken and causes MC to crash.

Until the new build is available, you can move this file into a place which MC isn't trying to import, and it should hopefully stop:
E:\Pictures\2014\September\IMG_1918.3773.45398917121.m4v
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

titus

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 11:20:43 am »

Hi Hendrik

Fantastic - thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.  I'll take that out later this evening and will see if works again.

Thank you, thank you thank you.

titus

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 12:59:55 pm »

Hi again.

Just a quick note to confirm that that file was indeed the problem.
Thanks again for your help.

Best regards

jotanar

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 10:36:59 am »

Hello.

I am having exactly the same stopped working message anytime I try to IMPORT (Tools->Import and i get the message to close PW) music. I tried everything regarding uninstall reboot and installing latest version, but always fails in the same way.

A bit desperated now.

Log attached. Please help.

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2015, 10:42:19 am »

Turn off auto import.  You may have a corrupt file.  Import a folder at a time to see if you can find it.  If you do, we'd like to see it.  I will move your post to the Pono board later.
Pages: [1]   Go Up