INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Live TV Now Works (eos)!  (Read 6023 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Live TV Now Works (eos)!
« on: September 15, 2014, 12:45:19 am »

You can now watch live TV anywhere in the world from you Remote Handset using eos and MC just like standard Videos thanks to the eos Developer Soul_Rvr911 and the team at JRiver.

As a prerequisite you need to already have configured and working:
- eos and,
- are able to play TV Channels in MC

All you then need to do is create a View Scheme in MC that shows the TV Channels available to MC (see a pic of how I have set one up).  This then allows you to browse these live TV Channels from eos.  Note: You can even add "coverart" to these entries so you see the Channel Icons.

EDIT: Once you have created the view in MC Std View, you can then add it so Handhelds can see the view (see pics)
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Live TV Now Works (eos)!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 12:47:59 am »

Here are some screen shots of what it looks like in eos.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 12:54:32 am »

One word of caution.  MC will continue to buffer the TV Show till you leave the Video Screen in eos by using the back button.  If you lose connection you will need to reconnect in eos, go back to the TV Show and exit the Video Screen, or you can also stop the buffering of the TV Show by simply closing MC and MC Server.  Once you have finshed viewing the TV Show, MC will delete the buffered file.

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 08:36:45 pm »

Awesome work!

We only have one TV in our house (and like it that way for now) but this will alleviate the weekend "We want to watch ABC for Kids!" "No, Daddy is watching Football / Car Racing." etc.

Well done!

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 04:53:29 pm »

It's a nice addition to the play anything, anywhere model and works well.
JRiver CEO Elect

Castius

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 09:10:50 pm »

I'm getting an error when i try this now. Is this working with the lastest MC version?
Media Center 20.0.63
eos v4.0.9

Thanks

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 01:54:08 am »

I'm getting an error when i try this now. Is this working with the lastest MC version?
Media Center 20.0.63
eos v4.0.9

I'd love to help, but I'm going to need more information. What is the exact error message that you're seeing?

As far as I know, this should still be working. I don't have MC connected to a TV so I've never been able to test this functionality, but I don't think any of the changes I've made to eos would have broken this.
Check out my JRiver remote application eos, available for Android and BlackBerry 10!
Android: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89392.0
BB10: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79677.0

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 02:07:01 am »

I can confirm it is still working fine for me (V4.1) and has been on earlier versions but not sure on V4.0.9 specifically.
JRiver CEO Elect

Castius

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 05:51:53 pm »

Ok so it worked on my Android box. I think it is 4.4

My LG nexus 4 is on Android  5.0.1 and does not work for any video on eos or gizmo.
I'll have to see if anyone else is having video issues with gizmo. Or if it's just my phone.

Thanks

Castius

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 09:44:00 pm »

Update:
It's working again.
It looks like my phone needed a reboot. Very strange, but i'm glad it working again.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Live TV Now Works (eos)! - also Webcam & other Video capture devices!
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 07:05:22 pm »

FYI - This method also works with other Attached Devices managed under MC's "TV Stations".  As an example here is a screen shot of a Webcam stream taken from a Nexus 7.  While not tested, I would assume it would work with any other capture device as well!

Note: these streams are not quite Real Time, with for me a delay of about 10-15 seconds but you could now see what is happening in your house from anywhere in the world using EOS and MC.  ;D

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2015, 02:38:34 am »

4. NEW: A client streaming a live TV show from the server will send "keep-alive" signals to the server periodically (every 5 minutes).  The server will stop serving clients that have not called in for more than 60 minutes.  Note if video is paused on a client, the client will not send "keep-alive".  So live TV show paused for more than an hour will be stopped.

This is good news as you can not get a runaway recording at the MC end if you exit EOS/Andriod Tablet without pressing STOP. 

One unintended consequence is playback now stops at 60mins.  Looks like Soul_Rvr911 will need to add a "keep-alive" signal!

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 03:18:15 pm »

All you then need to do is create a View Scheme in MC that shows the TV Channels available to MC (see a pic of how I have set one up).  This then allows you to browse these live TV Channels from eos.  Note: You can even add "coverart" to these entries so you see the Channel Icons.

umm i'm assuming this needs to be made in tools/options/media network/gizmo views? (and if made there would not need to be made in standard view?)
tried making it in standard view as your screen shot shows, but upon connecting to server via eos. there are no TV stations shown?

Thanks Jmone

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2015, 05:50:02 pm »

You are right.  I've amended my first post to show that you have to then add the view in the "Customise Views for Gizmo & WebGizmo" for it to show up in EOS.
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up