INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible? Theater view on one machine, MC audio on another  (Read 1632 times)

edwarduk

• Recent member
Possible? Theater view on one machine, MC audio on another
« on: July 16, 2015, 06:03:09 am »

As per subject, is this possible?

To clarify:

I have several machines running JRiver.  Main server (running in server mode), Main Audio machine (outputting to DAC etc) and other machines (in various other rooms).

I typically boot up the audio machine and then remote desktop (from a different machine) to the audio machine to control plays etc.

I would like to be able to have theater view on the control machine but audio output on the audio machine. Synchronised obviously.

Running Theater view via Remote Desktop just not work at all (even though I have a hard wired gigabit cat6 connection between all machines).

Looked at 'Zones' but so as I can see this is not possible using zones.

tia
Edward

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Possible? Theater view on one machine, MC audio on another
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 08:44:57 am »

Yes. MC can act as a remote for itself.

You connect to the Library Server of the remote system (it is fine if that system is also a client of a different Library Server, it can "re-serve" it), select the remote system's Zone as the playback Zone, and then switch your "remote controller copy" of MC to Theater View.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

edwarduk

• Recent member
Re: Possible? Theater view on one machine, MC audio on another
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 10:16:55 am »

Yes. MC can act as a remote for itself.

You connect to the Library Server of the remote system (it is fine if that system is also a client of a different Library Server, it can "re-serve" it), select the remote system's Zone as the playback Zone, and then switch your "remote controller copy" of MC to Theater View.

Glynor

Awesome, amazing!   :D

I had not reckoned it was a two step process of serving the remote client library and then zoning it.  Thanks for that. Works just fantastic.

Some follow on questions if I may?   :o

1. Any way I can watch video using a similar setup?  In other words have audio track playing 'There' and video playing here on 'Player'?  It would also be fine if video plays on both 'there' and 'here'.

2. Is there any way of having windowed Theatre mode? That is not full screen Theater mode.

3. When I serve up the remote client library my Audio 'Connected Media' is not showing up on the other (here) client. Not a biggie as I can just recreate them, but would be nice to have things synchronised.

4. When I do play remote 'connected media' the relevant metadata is not coming through. This, for example, does not let Theater view grab relevant images from the net.

Thanks for your time and help.

with regards
Edward

Pages: [1]   Go Up