INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issue with bad Guide data  (Read 1812 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Issue with bad Guide data
« on: April 22, 2015, 06:22:15 pm »

I keep having this issue with bad EPG data on channel 2.1 (the top channel in the guide). It's not the fault of MC, but perhaps there is something MC can do to improve the situation.
It seems like a couple times a month I get this bad data (and its always the same channel). I tried using "auto" epg and "xmltv data" but I'm not sure how/why this keeps happening.

This is what happens:
(1) Channel 2.1 will shows a single show lasting several hours (could be 24 hours long). I know the epg data is faulty - that's not the problem.
(2) When I enter the Guide, I will be at the top of the Guide on channel 2.1. (say it is 7PM).
(3) When I press the channel down key on the remote, I will move to the next channel (2.2) - but I will now be several hours in the future (maybe days, depending on when channel 2.1 show ends)
(4) I want to be at channel 2.2 at 7PM. On the "MASH" program. But I end up on channel 2.2 72-hours in the future - so I have to back up a longs ways (and if I back up too much I end up at the top again).

I hope there is something you can do to reduce the pain of this issue.

Is there some code modification that could be made so when going to the next channel the time slot used is the current time slot (7PM in my example)?

Here's an example of the problem (the show on channel 2.1 is entered as running for 72 hours long. This is actually incorrect guide data)

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Issue with bad Guide data
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 06:33:02 pm »

I am aware of this problem.  We use the center point of each program grid cell to identify the current position.  I think I might be able change that to the left end of the grid cell.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 07:12:40 pm »

That would be great!

rammingspeed

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 10:07:01 pm »

+1

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 11:37:34 pm »

We use the center point of each program grid cell to identify the current position. 

Ah, that explains my observations as well. I have seen minor, less of a problem versions of the same thing CountryBumkin reported.

I think I might be able change that to the left end of the grid cell.

That would make more sense than using the centre of the grid cell I believe.

While thinking about this question, I was reminded that it isn't possible to jump to the beginning or the end of the EPG using the "Skip Back" ( |<< ) and "Skip Forward" ( >>| ) buttons. This issue would have far less impact if those buttons were active in the Guide. But then, just entering the channel number on the remote control's keypad jumps the Guide back to the start of the channel EPG instantly anyway, so I guess that is an easy workaround. It just isn't very obvious for the uninitiated, or those of us who had forgotten, like me. The Skip Back and Forward buttons would be an obvious thing for a novice user to try, instead of scrolling all the way back and forward.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 05:02:21 pm »

I did some testing today but could not find any problems.  Is this still a problem?

The longest "program" I can find is a "sign off" for 8 hours.  When I move up or down past this program, I end up in the expected spot in previous/next channels.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 02:15:02 pm »

Sorry but MC is still acting the same as in my original post (now on latest version).
What is odd, is that sometimes it goes from a channel with good guide data (say multiple 30 minute shows) to the next channel in the list (that also has good guide data but one-hour shows) and it then jumps far into the future (it skips over several hours of programming). I tried this several times with the latest version. It worked fine some times, then it would mess up going to/from the same channels.

Thanks for looking into this.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 09:17:14 am »

Can you send me a backup copy of your library when you encounter the problem (make sure the backup contains the problem EPG data)?  Thanks.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 11:29:23 am »

Sure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up