INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Mark as Watched Tick - odd behaviour  (Read 1440 times)

Dantos

• World Citizen
[SOLVED] Mark as Watched Tick - odd behaviour
« on: May 16, 2015, 10:33:34 pm »

Hi
MC 20.0.103 Win 7

I recently discovered the [Number Plays] field and that it is editable either directly or via library tools. I am able to change the status of watched vs not watched movies by changing this field 0= not watched (no tick in theater view) and 1 or more = watched (and ticked in theater views). However I have some anomalies in which movies are ticked in theatre view.

In default theater views, name, decade, genre etc it seems to work fine. Ticked if marked as played, not ticked if marked as not played.

1) TICKED WHEN SHOULDN'T BE
I made a custom view called "NOT Watched" and set rules as,media subtype is Movie AND number plays....is......0. Sort by date added (raw sortable), a custom library field. The problem is some movies are showing as ticked presumably as they are partly watched BUT their [number plays] is still zero when I check this in standard view action window.

2) NOT TICKED WHEN SHOULD BE
I made another custom field called "Recently Added" based on an expression/custom fields (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=97481.0). I set theater view rules as media subtype is Movie and Sort by date added (raw sortable).None of these movies are ticked even when they show as ticked in other views and have [Number Plays] greater than 0.

Thanks for any help

Dantos

• World Citizen
Re: Mark as Watched Tick - odd behaviour
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 04:36:54 am »

UPDATE -
I found this post http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=85974.0 from Glynor which replaces, and does a far better job, of my "Not Watched" custom view.

My "Recent added" view still refuses to display ticks over the cover art. However in expanded view all of Glynors info is there ! This is fantastic. Still, it would be nice if the ticks displayed

Dantos

• World Citizen
Re: Mark as Watched Tick - odd behaviour
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 07:30:07 am »

Although it makes no sense to me I solved the problem by creating a brand new theater view with only rules being video and subtype movie.This displayed all movies with the page split into 2 panes in theater view (whereas previously it was one big page filled with cover art icons). Now the left hand pane displayed cover art with watched movies ticked.The right hand pane displayed info as per the file infopanel.Clicking on the cover art in the left pane expanded the view focussed on the selected movie.
I then simply went back to tools> options > theater view and entered the sort order as a rule ie sort order, date added (raw sortable) and the the newly created view retained its appearance, ticks and all, but sorting by date added.Success ! The two view schemes seemed to have identical rules yet display very differently.Go figure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up