INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Make a suggestion for Media Center 9.  (Read 1406 times)

quang

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Make a suggestion for Media Center 9.
« on: September 24, 2003, 01:02:06 pm »

I'm bad in English, so i have some words (briefly):
*   The first, how Media Center 9. is beautifull ! Everyone known.

*   In media library: artitsts organization has problem, example, there're 2 file which are the same artist:
 name01 - artist01 - album01
 name02 - artist01                         (note: album is NULL)
- but i can't find both of them in "Audio > Artist/Album > artist01"
- and i found the first in "Audio > Artist/Album > (Multiple Artists)"
- and the second in "Audio > Artist/Album > artist01".
 That's so awkward. Can authors fix it ?

*   Can authors support full unicode (lyric, track info) ?

*   Also supporting shortcut keys on Windows: in any programs, we can control some functions in Media Center (such as play,stop,volume,...), and it's very good if we can change those hot keys.

*   And the last, can Media Center understand lyric in .wma file which is created by Windows Media Player 9 for XP ?

I thanks very much for interesting !!!
   If i have any mistakes in my message, i wish moderators modify it for me. Thanks again!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Make a suggestion for Media Center 9.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2003, 01:12:08 pm »

I wouldn't touch your post.  Your English if beautiful.  It reminds me of zevele's first posts.

Try editing the artist in the tag.  Select the files and hit ALT-Enter, then change the artist.

MC supports unicode.  If you find problems, please report them.  9.1 should have the best support.

Under Interact/Developer's zone above, there are some tools that may help.  See the command line section.

I think that MC reads WM lyrics from the tag.

quang

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2003, 04:09:36 am »

Thanks for replying!

I have just install MC 9.1.256.  A new look, and it's more flexible!!

Now:
 -  It makes good the artist,album organization.  It's look like Windows Media Player (WMP) in this function.

-  MC 9.1.256 support unicode in track info (name,artist,... except lyric).

But, it dose not support unicode in:
 -  Information about skin's author and in "Library field" too (the name of field, not the value of field).  It's not friendly with members in my family who are not well in English.

-  Lyric: i can't input unicode in lyric.

I tested and think that:
 -  MC can read lyric (of .mp3, .wma) which is created by Jet-Audio (Jet-Audio dose not support unicode).

-  With .wma file, MC can read some common tag (composer,...) except lyric.  So i affirm again that MC can't read lyric from Windows Media Player (WMP).  I have very much lyric created by WMP.  Thus i hope MC can support this.

-  Especially, MC can read WM/Language tag (.wma file).  In my previous message, i intended mention this because i have songs with different languages, and i want to classify them.  They're classified in WMP, and in MC now, how can i reuse that tag (WM/Language) ?

More suggestions:
 -  In playlist (mini-me mode), can MC allow customizing in track info rule (like filename rule) ?  I can't do modifying that track info rule.  Currently, it's "[artist] - [name]", but sometimes, i like "[name] - [artist]".  I underline that in playlist of mini-me mode.

-  Can MC's authors allow MC to "support" .dat file which is in VCD ?  WMP and MC dose not "read" that format.  But after i change file "myvideo.dat" into file "myvideo.mpg", WMP and MC can "read" it.

-  Can authors allow MC to monitor folders contain media files ?  Media library is a good idea, but why don't we supplement it's ability ?

-  And the hot-keys i mentioned in last my message.  I think It'll be very convenient if we can control MC in any program through hot-keys.

*  The last, I thank you very much for taking interest in my suggestions !!!

And JimH said me: "If you find problems, please report them".  I wonder that whether i should report them in here, or where can i report them to MC's authors ?

Thanks !!!

quang

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2003, 07:18:34 pm »

Hi all !

The first i have to say that: i'm sorry about something i said.

*  I deny that:

-  Media Center can read all "WM/?" tag, they are: WM/Conductor, WM/Subtitle, WM/Lyric, ...

That means MC can read lyric created by Windows Media Player.  And it can read unicode lyric.

*  But:

-  When i press "Edit" button:  i can't read lyric in my language in "Lyric window",  it's only English and some character "|" (bold).

That means MC dose not support inputting with unicode font.  Although it displays unicode lyric in "Lyric field" (read only) and "tool tip" (yellow),  and that's all.

*  I wish anyone show me how surmount this problem !

Thanks lot !!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up