INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: embedding cover art question  (Read 2029 times)

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!
embedding cover art question
« on: November 16, 2006, 09:12:52 am »

I currently have one piece of cover art in each album folder, i now wish to embed the cover art into each mp3 by first checking "store images in tags box" and then doing "update tags from library" via library tools, i will then do a search and remove the cover art that was in the folders.

Is there any disadvantage to embedding the cover art into each mp3 file, i wish to do this so i can see the cover art when i play the files in windows vista media center (just trying it out, still love media center, lol)

TC  :)

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
Re: embedding cover art question
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 10:04:00 pm »

The only disadvantage is that it takes a bit more space.  I personally think it is well worth it.

Before you go to far in changing your approach, do a search in the forum.  You will find a lot of information on this subject - and how to make the change.

You need to follow a certain set of steps to make this work.  Again, you will find the details by searching, but I will summarize my understanding.

1) Change your options to embed the cover art in the MP3 files (store images in tags also) - but this only effects new activity, it will not modify what already exists.

2) I beleive that you have to remove cover art from your existing MP3 files before you can proceed further - there is a reference in the tag showing the directory that has the cover art - this needs to be cleared out.

3) You can then do a quick find to update your MP3 files, which will embed the cover art in the files.

Make sure this is working correctly before you delete your cover art. 

I actually keep the cover art stored in a directory plus embed the cover art in the files.

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 08:58:50 am »

It's all ready done and working, just clicked embed into tags, selected tracks and did update via library tools. After that did a search for the cover art and moved it to a sperate directory just for safe keeping.

I am now sharing my music to my vista machine and playing it through it's new media center via my tv and sound system, works great!

here is a pic:

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 12:05:43 pm »

Great, I'm glad it worked out for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up