INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View Header Sorting Preset Saving Dialog is Broken  (Read 1398 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
View Header Sorting Preset Saving Dialog is Broken
« on: May 17, 2015, 09:55:48 am »

So, this is weird... When I was testing this stuff, I discovered something oddball...

MC has two different places where you can create Sorting Presets:

1. Using the View Header > Sort By > Custom.  As shown here:

2. Using the Edit Search dialog with a Sort By Modifier added (in Set Rules for File Display in a View or Smartlist):

Using the Edit Search dialog works without issue, and that's usually the place where I do this task.  But, if you use the View Header accessible dialog, you can reproduce a hang of sorts.  I think it is actually a Z-order issue.  To reproduce:

1. Open up some other application other than MC.  It doesn't matter what it is, but a web browser is where I encountered it first.
2. Make a new Sorting scheme of some kind via the View Header mechanism (example #1 above).
3. Click on the Preset button and then Save.
4. Don't enter a name, leave the dialog open, and switch away to your other application for a second.
5. Switch back. The Enter Preset Name dialog will now be broken.

When it is broken, you can't type in the Preset Name box, or click the OK or Cancel buttons.  The buttons highlight when you try, but don't actually function.  The Dialog is completely stuck, but you can use the red close X to close out of the dialog and escape. I've occasionally had the OK and Cancel buttons remain working, but only if I don't try to type in the name box. Otherwise, this is 100% reproducible.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up