INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SMARTLISTS: Help, please  (Read 1702 times)

tlcmd

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
SMARTLISTS: Help, please
« on: May 19, 2015, 02:27:16 pm »

Just installed JRiver Media Center 20.0.110 for Debian (Jessie) AMD64  which plays well, but I am having trouble setting up SMARTLISTS. There are no Help files for this as yet that I can find. I had these all set up on Media Jukebox 8.400 when Windows was my primary operating system so I am thrilled that JRiver is now offering Media Center for Linux. I am running Linux Mint Debian Edition 2 Mate 64 bit aka LMDE2 (Betsy).

When I imported my audio files which were already categorized by artist, title, album, and genre, the Media Center automatically created smartlists based on Genre, so I have a bunch of smartlists which have only one or two songs in them.

I would like to delete the current smartlists and create my own based on Genre. And I like to create smartlists which exclude Christmas since those audio files are only appropriate only about 6 weeks per year. BTW, my genres attached to each number are separated by semicolons as per instructed. I do have over 10k audio files.

One example of a smartlist would be female vocal; torch; and would exclude Christmas

Help and assistance, please.
Thank you.
tlcmd

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: SMARTLISTS: Help, please
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 02:42:55 pm »

I recommend you start here: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Smartlists

There's plenty of examples and useful info.  Check back if you're hitting roadblocks.

tlcmd

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: SMARTLISTS: Help, please
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 03:32:14 pm »

mwillems; Thank you. I now have deleted the "preloaded" smartlists and am now creating my won. Many thanks again.
Harmmmmmoniously (I', a barbershop singer)
tlcmd
Pages: [1]   Go Up