INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Country tag broken?  (Read 1780 times)

MD

• Recent member
Country tag broken?
« on: May 20, 2015, 06:42:40 am »

Hi,

The country tag seems to be broken since version 20.0.103. It was fine in 20.0.63, where we got a small, scrollable pop-up with the field to add a country at the bottom of the list.
As of 20.0.103, the pop-up extends beyond the screen and is not scrollable. The new country box isn't visible. In 20.0.108, it works a bit better, where the list is scrollable again but we still can't reach the bottom of the list.

To make it more clear what I mean, I'll attach screenshots of the correctly working 20.0.63 version and the broken 20.0.108 version. At the very bottom of the latter, you can see a few pixels of my windows Task bar. Unfortunately, I don't have a screenshot of 20.0.103.

Can this please be fixed so it works like before again?

Thank you,
Michael

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Country tag broken?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 07:46:47 am »

I think this change was this:
Changed: The Tag Action Window no longer shows a full page when editing a list style field but instead uses an inplace edit.

It seemed reasonable at the time.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MD

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 09:25:56 am »

It should work fine with short lists, but a long list, like my countries, drop off screen  :-X

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 09:30:47 am »

I think the ten lines or so are reasonable personally ... btw what I do is just type the first letter in the box; I think it is much faster with list fields like country or in my case soloist (my soloists wouldn't fit on 5 screens); I didnt notice that you couldn't scrowl down to the bottom however as I would never do that -- just type a U and you go to usa uganda, or whatever. Its a lot quicker.

MD

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 10:21:55 am »

It would be quicker if typing the first letter actually worked. But it doesn't, the list stays in place. Maybe because the first element is a Checkbox and not a text item.
The only way to get to the bottom of the list is by maximizing the tag window. The whole list fits on the screen then. But that's more of a work-around than a solution.

Arindelle

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 10:38:15 am »

It would be quicker if typing the first letter actually worked. But it doesn't, the list stays in place. Maybe because the first element is a Checkbox and not a text item.
The only way to get to the bottom of the list is by maximizing the tag window. The whole list fits on the screen then. But that's more of a work-around than a solution.
Hmm it should work. It works for me.  (on Win7 64bit). As I said I would never want to get to the bottom of my lists and I like in the in place edit, so if I couldn't type a letter in a list field, I'd go bananas :).  A Win 8 issue/bug???

MD

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 01:22:15 pm »

It's certainly not a Win8 bug. I'm on W7-64 bits too. I even did a clean install but the problem persists.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 01:37:18 pm »

Testing on my mile-long keywords field, my 'pop-out' list of keywords scrolls.
Also, if you move the mouse over the "Country" tag identifier on the left of the list, you can scroll there, and the open list of tags scrolls up or down too...

Not intuituve, but it might help...

Arindelle

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 01:41:15 pm »

sorry Michael don't know what to say ... seems to work for me (typing the letter that is)

maybe your skin?? try Noire the out of the box one just in case

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 01:49:37 pm »

The problem Michael is having, is that the search field is away down the bottom, off the screen, meaning he can't type...

and when he hits a letter, the list doesn't navigate to that letter.
Here, I've scrolled the keywords list all the way down, but the end of the list, and the search field, are still out of view, off the screen....

Placing the mouse over the the tag title "Country" (Keywords in my case here) and scrolling up, brings the tail of the list into view.

Arindelle

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 01:58:46 pm »

ahh sorry Michael I misunderstood ... thanks Marko

in that case another thing to do is click on the little arrow thingy "^" which expands the tag window -- might be faster than scrolling??

MD

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 02:05:53 pm »

Thanks Marko, you got it exactly right. The search field isn't visible to me. I hadn't discovered the trick yet to bring the bottom of the list into view, but doing that I also get the searchbox and typing in there works.
I already tried maximizing the tag window (see reply #4). It works, but it's not how it should be, if you ask me.
If the list respects the screen size and doesn't go off-screen, it should be fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up