INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issues Reading CDR Volumes  (Read 990 times)

phlow

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Issues Reading CDR Volumes
« on: September 21, 2003, 03:34:55 pm »

i love media center and use it to organize music for my audiotron and ipod.  i burn all my music files to CDR's for archival purposes, leaving the frequently used files on my HD.  

i recently began to set up an "alternate" library to keep track of all the CDR's (i'm currently up to about 100).  my main purpose is to have a simple comprehensive index if i want to pull something off of a CDR to put it back on my HD, permanently or temporarily.  when i burn the CDR's using Adaptec EZ CD Creator, i give each one a volume name (i.e. MP3's Vol 95).  so i started from scratch with a new library and began to import, CDR by CDR.  what i found is that MC9's behaviour on loading the volume label was inconsistent.  about half the time it would pick it up, the rest of the time, it would come up with "Unnamed Disc" in the Filename column and the Volume Tree.  This was an inconvenience, but not a showstopper, as i could go to the Volume Tree and Right Click to rename the Unnamed Disc entry to the proper volume label and this chance would be reflected in the Filename entry for each file.

After about 10 CDR's imported, MC9 seemed to lose track of all of the volume entries and seemed to think each volume had the same name "MP3's Vol 91".

From the attached screenshot, you can see that the CDR label is clearly recognized by windows explorer, the duplicate volume labels in the volume tree, and the unnamed disc entry from CDR Volume 89 which had just been imported.

Media Center Registered 9.0.172 -- F:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1892 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 88 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSynch   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: PHILIPS  DVD+RW-D01         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

phlow

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Issues Reading CDR Volumes
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2003, 05:19:14 am »

Please does anyone have any advice on this issue or have they seen it as well?

What is the best way to use Mediacenter as a library manager for 100+ MP3 CDR's so that i have a reference of what volume each file is on?

Pages: [1]   Go Up