INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another request for YADB Dialog  (Read 1120 times)

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
Another request for YADB Dialog
« on: September 22, 2003, 10:21:14 am »

Is it possible to add a button to the YADB dialog box or to the CD Ripping dialog box (or both) which would allow you (when there is more than once choice listed for a CD) to view the artist, title and track info for each listing?

The reason I ask this is that I have noticed that many Soundtrack CDs, IMHO, are simply not entered correctly by many of the people who contribute to the YADB.

Whip me with wet noodles, if you like, but I don't think that the "Artist" field for any Hollywood soundtrack should contain anything but the soundtrack COMPOSER's name; or "VARIOUS" if there is more than one composer.

By way of illustration, and not because this particular entry is listed incorrectly: Alex North's legendary score to 2001 (rejected by Director Stanley Kubrick) and released a few years ago and conducted by Jerry Goldsmith (North's close friend) should not have Jerry Goldsmith or the Orchestra listed as the "Artist." Nor should the "Artist" and "Album" field be filled with the same information, as so often I have seen; or filed in backwards.

Because of these types of uncorrected mistakes, you can have multiple incorrect listings for a CD, but because of the way YADB displays it and because YADB doesn't let you see and chose which one of many possible choices might be most correct, it requires you to use the Action Pane/ Tag mode to make all the necessary corrections.

So my suggestion is to add a button or two, somewhere in either dialog box mentioned above, to, at least view the data in each choice before selection; and, if possible, even allowing correction of errors without having to resubmit a new entry with the correct info. This would reduce the amount of multiple entries and the size of the database; which, I assume, would make it faster and more accurate.
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

DancingSamurai

• Recent member
Re: Another request for YADB Dialog
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2003, 11:29:21 am »

I heartily second this motion. It is very annoying to be presented with a list of possible CDs and having to randomly choose one... which of course turns out to be rife with typos. *sigh*
--DancingSamurai
... Use tasteful words. You may have to eat them.

Sauzee

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Another request for YADB Dialog
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2003, 01:32:41 am »

But freedberg and CDDB have the same problem too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up