INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Server 2012 Volume Control  (Read 1222 times)

moophone

• Recent member
Server 2012 Volume Control
« on: May 29, 2015, 07:18:31 am »

Does Volume Control work in Server 2012? I can't seem to make it work. I have used the Exasound plugin to sync DAC and JRiver volume in Windows 8 which works great, but doesn't work in Server 2012.

The issue, I can't even control the JRiver DAC Volume when set to system or application. Its always 0, and I cant slide the slider, or use the Ctrl++ etc keys to move it. Using JRemote, setting the volume always snaps back to 0, and the JRiver volume never changes.

"Internal" volume control mode works, but sounds very bad compared to system and application volume control.

Appreciate any ideas, so I don't have to completely uninstall server 2012 and go back to windows 8.

Greg

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Server 2012 Volume Control
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 07:25:24 am »

"Internal" volume control mode works, but sounds very bad compared to system and application volume control.

It should be the best sounding volume mode we offer.  Strange.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

moophone

• Recent member
Re: Server 2012 Volume Control
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 08:40:45 am »

EDIT: figured it out. Windows Audio System not installed in Server 2012 by default because I'm using an ASIO only DAC. Installed that component, and all is well again
---

Under normal circumstances, perhaps.

I'm using an Exasound DAC (ASIO only), with its own hardware volume. Hence, why I was relying on the plugin to link the two volumes but that doesn't seem to work in server 2012. Perhaps its an Exaound plugin issue and not a JRiver issue. Was just hoping someone had some insight into how I might get the two working. This works great in Windows 8

It should be the best sounding volume mode we offer.  Strange.
Pages: [1]   Go Up