INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: selecting more than one item from library for tools  (Read 1451 times)

aysil

• Recent member
selecting more than one item from library for tools
« on: June 22, 2015, 05:37:01 pm »

How can I select more than one item in the library for a specific action of a library tool.
I can select a single item, or edit/select all for all items; but I could not figure out a way of selecting a group of items for the same job.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: selecting more than one item from library for tools
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 05:42:27 pm »

Select the first item by single clicking.  Then to select a range of items, hold down shift and click the last item.  It will select all the items in between including the first and last.

If you want to pick and choose items that aren't all grouped together, you can hold down control and click individual items.  They will each highlight as you click them.  Clicking them again, with control held down, will de-select them.

These same key combinations work in a lot of programs including the file explorer, spreadsheets, and others.

Brian.

aysil

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 05:50:35 pm »

Many thanks! Good to learn this.  :)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 06:17:48 pm »

Also, Control-A will select all files in the current view.  Another handy thing to do is select a few files you DO NOT want to apply a change to (via holding Control and clicking), and then do Edit > Invert Selection (which will select anything not selected, and de-select anything selected).

As the ones Brian mentioned above, these apply to essentially all Windows applications (not all applications have the Invert Selection item under Edit, but most do).

Lastly, this one is MC only, but it is occasionally handy:

You can also click-and-drag with the RIGHT mouse button.  This is normally done in Windows with the left (regular) mouse button, but in MC this conflicts with other drag-and-drop operations, so you can do it with the RIGHT mouse button instead.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up