INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moved media to new disk - how to re-point JRiver  (Read 2244 times)

enazarko

• Recent member
Moved media to new disk - how to re-point JRiver
« on: May 31, 2015, 04:21:14 pm »

I've searched with as many terms as I could think of and haven't found something that seems to match.

I created a RAID mirror with much larger disks, and copied all my media over to it.  It all used to reside on a single disk E: /Shared Files.  Now it's D: /Shared files

How do I get JRiver to forget about everything on E: and just pay attention to D:?

I started something that SEEMED to match, and it was creating a nightmare - including the files on E and D both, which I don't want.  (and now I've got a few hundred of those...)

If I have to make JRiver forget everything, OK... but since I"ve got 35,000 files worth of music with analyze audio info and revised genre tags, I'm hoping for something that operates with some intelligence and says, ah, same file, so I'll just update the reference.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Moved media to new disk - how to re-point JRiver
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 04:29:44 pm »

Look for Find and Replace

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Rename,_Move,_and_Copy_Files#Find_.26_Replace

I would recomend reading this entire procedure
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

enazarko

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 04:43:15 pm »

Beautiful - worked wonderfully.

Any idea how to deal with the dead links in the system from trying to follow the wrong directions?

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 04:52:16 pm »

(try ticking)....tools>options>general (Update tags when file info changes)  give it a few minutes to catch up and or close JRiver wait a few and reopen and give it a few minutes to catch up
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

enazarko

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 05:00:57 pm »

Not working.  I changed the directory name on E for the music, but JRiver isn't saying "Damn, that thing's gone" and dropping it from the library.  Tried clicking the sync button, no joy.  Humph.

I have the option "fix broken links" set to "no."  Maybe yes?

Curious, because JRiver ALWAYS was very quick to notice if an album was removed (when I'd update an old rip with new HD version.)  Not noticing at all.

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 05:05:14 pm »

So the "not working" part you have now.... Are these files that really are somewhere on your disk that you need to find?  Or are they duplicates of files you already have, that just have the wrong paths?  Something else?

If they are dupes and you can see that they all start with the same directory path, you can get rid of them pretty quick.  But you'll want to make sure that your Auto Import settings are correct now, so it's not trying to add files from the wrong directories again.

To get rid of dead links, you can go to the Audio > Files view.  Then you can sort by filename and select the dead ones.  Or you can type part of the path name into the search box.  Once you have them all on screen, just select them all, and then select delete.  Poof.  Gone.

Brian.

enazarko

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 05:11:08 pm »

As Curly would say, Poifect.

Mental brain lock confusing files with library entries.  System upgrades always produce a rash of things to deal with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up