INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: <Album Artist> and VIDEO  (Read 1319 times)

Hans Weiland

• Recent member
<Album Artist> and VIDEO
« on: June 01, 2015, 08:18:43 am »

More as an input, how valuable „Album Artist“ is also for Video’s:

Scenario A: Movies with different “Bonus” Material. Its nice to combine them into one ‘Album’ also by using track #’s and Album Artist.
Scenario B: For searching sometimes it makes it easier to use e.g “Monty Python” as Album Artist for a movie with bonus material… for all the ‘general’ one’s I am using “(Movie Cast)” as an example.
Scenario C: If you combine several Video Tracks into one Album, and the field “Album Artist” is not the same for all these tracks, you will end up in getting several different thumbnails in the thumbnail-view. If Album Artist is the same for all members of the video-album you’re just fine.

Problem: While tagging the field Album Artist is only accessible for Audio. Yes, with tricks (via copy fields Artist -> Album Artist) or adding temporarily a dummy audio track it is possible to fill the field “album artist” with the right values. But it’s a bit tricky…

Solution: Please make the field “Album Artist” also directly accessible for Video and maybe other data types as well.

P.S.: BTW, did I mention today how much I appreciate your work? Using MediaCenter since ages and nothing in this world would serve my collection better than what you did! Truly a big, big thank you!  ;D ;D ;D

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: <Album Artist> and VIDEO
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 08:23:16 am »

Alright, we'll try it next build:
Changed: Marked the "Album Artist" field to also apply to video instead of only audio.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Hans Weiland

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 08:26:12 am »

YEEEEEEEES  ;D ;D ;D You've just made my day  ;D ;D ;D

Hans Weiland

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 09:00:43 am »

Truly thank you, working like a charm with v20.0.115  ;D ;D ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up