INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Will Not Open  (Read 1143 times)

Jetndavid

• Recent member
JRiver Will Not Open
« on: May 30, 2015, 06:04:43 pm »

I purchased a JRiver Master Key in January for my new PC, but never used it, because of other priorities. The shortcut showed up on my desktop so I presumed everything was working OK. However, now when I click on the shortcut icon, nothing happens. I've tried opening the install file through Microsoft Explorer, but the file will not open. I've clicked on the restore key and received a new activation code. I got an email with a link for the new code. When I clicked on it, I got a message saying that it has been successfully installed. However, I never get a screen that shows me what the new activation code is. I click on the shortcut, but continue to have the same problem. It seems that no matter what I try, I am unable to get this program to run.

I have had another copy running on my MacMini computer for a couple of years without issue, but on my PC I can,t even get it to open.  A solution would be greatly appreciated.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver Will Not Open
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 08:27:36 pm »

It sounds like you don't know where it is installed, or maybe it isn't installed.

The Activation Key they send you does NOT install the program.  You have to download the installer.  You can get the latest copy here on the forum (in the "pinned" thread at the top of the Windows board).

Once you download it, install it, and then it'll show up in your Start Menu or All Programs on Windows 8.1.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Jetndavid

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Will Not Open
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 11:42:32 am »

It works now after I reinstalled it per your guidance. I still don't know what the problem was, but it is working properly now. Thanks a million.
Pages: [1]   Go Up