INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.259 beta available  (Read 3622 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.259 beta available
« on: September 24, 2003, 02:18:25 pm »

Please read carefully before downloading.

This is BETA software.  There are still some known (and unknown) bugs.  

The latest known stable version of 9.1 beta is here:      
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter9_1.exe      

The latest build of 9.1 beta is here:  
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91259.exe  

Please report only known problems in this thread.   If you want to discuss changes in the UI or make requests, please use another thread.

History:
1. Changed: MPL generator doesn't output calculated fields.
2. Changed: When at the root of Media Library, double clicking a file will only play the selected media types instead of all visible files.
3. Fixed: MC now supports Ricoh MP5120 drive for burning DVD+RW.
4. Fixed: MC's automation object would ocasionally fail to be created.
5. Fixed: When switching views, MC does a better job of painting everything at once.
6. Fixed: Skinned scrollbars could disappear and leave an unpainted region on the screen in some cases.
7. Fixed: File menu was too far left on some skins.
8. Changed: Action Window images for handheld / burners maximum draw size capped so they don't become so large.
9. Fixed: List drag-n-drop location divider was not being drawn properly.
10. Fixed: On Win98/ME, if ASPI version 4.70 and above was installed, CD ripping and burning operations could fail.
11. Changed: CD burning dialog was rearranged and simplified.
12. Fixed: APE playback could output bad sounds if there were I/O errors. (updated plugin to MAC 3.98a2)
13. Fixed: Selecting all files in Playing Now and doing a Shift+Delete -> Remove From Media Library didn't work properly.
14. Changed: Libraries with more than 10,000 tracks are only saved at the close of MC instead of within X minutes of changes.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
Re: Media Center 9.1.259 beta available
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2003, 02:28:13 pm »

14. Changed: Libraries with more than 10,000 tracks are only saved on the close of MC instead of within X minutes of changes.

Can you elaborate on what this means .... does this mean that If I'm working with my 30K file database, and I make a bazillion changes over a three hour period .. and finally something makes MC crash .... my changes werent saved in the Database ? And I have to start over ?

Please tell me Im way off base ...

Ingo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2003, 02:37:43 pm »

3. Fixed: MC now supports Ricoh MP5120 drive for burning DVD+RW.

confirmed. thanks JohnT for all the work on that.

Ingo

disclaimer: limitations from private emails still apply... but it does work!!!!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2003, 02:45:50 pm »

Can you elaborate on what this means .... does this mean that If I'm working with my 30K file database, and I make a bazillion changes over a three hour period .. and finally something makes MC crash .... my changes werent saved in the Database  And I have to start over

Yes, until we work out a better solution.  Lisa's "freezing" problems (see other thread) are because her database has 100MB of data in it (bios and lyrics for every track) which is orders of magnitude more than even King's old 130,000 file library we often test with.  

Consider this change a hot fix until we rework the database engine to better accomodate cases like this.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

kiwi

• Don't worry, be happy...
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2003, 03:10:27 pm »

12. Fixed: APE playback could output bad sounds if there were I/O errors. (updated plugin to MAC 3.98a2)

Does this mean that encoded files will have APE v2 tags?  Did they already have APE v2 Tags?

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2003, 04:05:20 pm »

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/09/09   Priority: Low
    Folder Displayed Twice
    In My Computer, if a folder is dragged to a new location it appears two times.
Toast goes in the toaster.

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2003, 04:07:13 pm »

>>6. Fixed: Skinned scrollbars could disappear and leave an unpainted region on the screen in some cases.

It appears that this is not fixed.
Made in Portugal

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2003, 05:50:04 pm »

I think this introduced new bug.

Now, when MC9.1 finishes one APE song and switches to another APE, it repeats very short period of the end of first song about 4 seconds.  I'm using corss-fade (aggressive) with gapless option.  Even if I use gapless instead of cross-fade, it does the same thing.  MC9.1.257 didn't have this problem.

I've installed 257 on 259, now.  This problem is fixed instantly.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2003, 06:12:34 pm »

Action Window: If I'm in the Action Window root, and click on File Properties, the AW title doesn't change until I hover the mouse over it.

MJAutomation: If Shuffle is turned on using MJAutomation, the Playing Now playlist (both in MEGA and mini modes) doesn't reflect the new order until the next track begins playing.

Omni

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2003, 07:11:25 pm »

Action Window: If I'm in the Action Window root, and click on File Properties, the AW title doesn't change until I hover the mouse over it.

This seems to be true for "Playlists" as well.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2003, 08:08:48 pm »

I'm posting this in here because this is a bug as far as I can tell, and nobody seems to actually be reading the numerous posts I've made in the Skin Developer's forum.

GetStateValue does not appear to be working correctly. I can close my skin down, manually open the state.xml file in a text editor and see the following line:

<VidVisible Type="string" Value="true"/>

And yet when I use GetStateValue to read in "VidVisible" it returns "Global".

In fact, I can do nothing more than switch to my skin and back, and watch as all of the values I'm trying to store eventually get replaced with "Global"s. These are actually inside the state.xml file, too. The code is written such that if all I do is switch back and forth between mini-me and mega-me, all that happens is that these values are read in, then written back out. So why are they changing, and why all to "Global"?

This has pretty much dragged my current skin development to a grinding halt, and I really don't see anyway to work around this until this is either confirmed as a bug and fixed, or somebody takes a look at my skin and tells me that I'm doing something wrong.

My latest build is available here. It has a debug window added into it so I can see the values of the variables in question. When it first starts up, it will display the values that have just been read in. Any help (or bug fix) on this would be greatly appreciated.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2003, 11:09:23 pm »

I have more than 30K songs, but my database is only 9 megs. 1,4 when zipped into a backup. I have no bios, lyrics and stuff. And perhaps it matters that I don't use ratings and other advanced settings?
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2003, 03:32:06 am »

I have more than 30K songs, but my database is only 9 megs. 1,4 when zipped into a backup. I have no bios, lyrics and stuff. And perhaps it matters that I don't use ratings and other advanced settings?

We think it's the lyrics and bios that have made the difference.  That's probably why we've seen a significant number of reports of slowdowns lately.  We'll find a way around it in a few days.

Please move discussion of this to a new thread.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2003, 07:19:45 am »

I've cleaned out some of the database discussion.  Please use the thread that's open on this.

goose

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2003, 12:55:06 pm »

Having problems synching Ipod with MC............. trying to update tags on Ipod by editing them in MC and then synch iPod to match.

1. right click on iPod drive for menu, have choice of a) "synch Ipod with MC" or  b) "synch MC with iPod". "Synch iPod with MC" brings up message "this will replace MC tags with iPod tags" or words to that effect. Does this seem backwards? "Synch MC with iPod" brings up the usual menu window I used to get with "synch files" on previous version.

2. If I choose option b above, select all files & update tags, when I click ok, MC just shuts down.........no message, it just goes away and leaves me staring at my desktop. When I re-open MC, nothing has changed.

3. If I choose option a above, click on "OK" to overwrite MC tags with iPod tags, the program runs but nothing is changed on iPod or MC.

4. I've been using the previous version with no problems on synch, but this is the first time I've tried to update tags.

I've got 7 days left on the demo and was about to buy the program but want to be sure it's going to work first ..........................any suggestions?

Pages: [1]   Go Up