INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restoring File View (folders) on JRemote (Windows)  (Read 1812 times)

timequest

• Recent member
Restoring File View (folders) on JRemote (Windows)
« on: June 07, 2015, 10:36:03 pm »

After updating from version 18 to the latest version '20.' I no longer see files via JRemote.  I see them on JRiver MC, but I cant get the remote to see the files (folders).  It worked perfectly in version 18.  How can I get the file 'view' and navigation back...?

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Restoring File View (folders) on JRemote (Windows)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 11:03:42 pm »

I'm seeing them here...just a guess but maybe uninstall the app reboot that device and reintall and see if that helps.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

timequest

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 11:22:34 pm »

Tried uninstalling / reinstalling ap....no help.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

_Ben

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 08:49:10 am »

When migrating from one major version of MC to another (ie MC19 > MC20) it upgrades your Library, but does not automatically migrate your Settings.  Media Network Views are included in the settings which are not migrated by default.

However, this is easily solved.

1. Open MC18 and make a Library Backup, and save it somewhere easy to find (like your Desktop).
2. Close MC18.
3. Open MC20 and restore this Library Backup.
4. Make sure to enable both options in the restore dialog (Restore Library and Playlists and Restore Settings).
5. MC will restart to apply these changes.

That should fix you up.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 10:32:39 am »

When migrating from one major version of MC to another (ie MC19 > MC20) it upgrades your Library, but does not automatically migrate your Settings.  Media Network Views are included in the settings which are not migrated by default.

However, this is easily solved.

1. Open MC18 and make a Library Backup, and save it somewhere easy to find (like your Desktop).
2. Close MC18.
3. Open MC20 and restore this Library Backup.
4. Make sure to enable both options in the restore dialog (Restore Library and Playlists and Restore Settings).
5. MC will restart to apply these changes.

That should fix you up.

Good to know....thanks
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

timequest

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 11:15:36 am »

That was indeed easy, but I never would have know how to do it without your expert help glynor.......thank you very much.  This is such a valuable forum.

Much appreciated..........Cheers!

_Ben
Pages: [1]   Go Up