INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick Tip: Skipping TV Show Intros/Credits  (Read 1778 times)

• Citizen of the Universe
Quick Tip: Skipping TV Show Intros/Credits
« on: June 11, 2015, 02:40:04 am »

Just a quick tip as I've started a new ripping project:

For television shows which have a fixed intro, you can use this expression in the Playback Range field to skip it.
Here, the intro is 01:30 long:

=Delimit(FormatDuration([Duration,0]),,00:01:30-00:)

If the show also has a fixed-length credit sequence, you can skip that as well.
This expression will have Media Center skip the first 01:30 and the last 60 seconds from each episode:

=Delimit(FormatDuration(Math([Duration,0]-60)),,00:01:30-00:)

Over the course of a 13 episode series, skipping that 90 second intro saves you 19.5 minutes.
If you're also removing a 60-second credit sequence, you're saving 32.5 minutes - possibly as much as an entire episode, depending on what show it is.

Of course you should check to see whether the intro and credits are of a fixed length - that's not always the case.
Even when they vary a bit, I can safely lop off about 60 seconds from the credits for this show, as it seems to be somewhere between 70-90 seconds. Still, it's quite a saving.

I know this may not be news to some of you, but it's something that I realized I've been doing for a while now, and I'm sure there are people who were not aware that Media Center can do this.

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: Quick Tip: Skipping TV Show Intros/Credits
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 04:28:39 am »

More annoying shows have a normal scene before the intro, it unfortunately doesn't work there. :(
In my experience, thats usually the more common case with typical TV shows.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Re: Quick Tip: Skipping TV Show Intros/Credits
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 07:39:25 am »

It seems to vary from show-to-show. There are examples of both in my library.
The ones which have a "teaser" at the start before the intro seem to at least have a chapter marker to skip to the beginning of the show.

Some shows don't have a "teaser" at the beginning, but a recap, so I like to cut all of that off.

In this case the length of the intro varies from season to season, but each episode starts right into the intro sequence and so far there have not been chapter marks to skip to the beginning of the show.

For the shows where it applies at least, I've found it to be a good convenience feature/time saver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up