INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple ripping problems  (Read 1177 times)

Boomzilla

• Junior Woodchuck
Multiple ripping problems
« on: June 13, 2015, 03:22:06 pm »

I use an external CDRW drive to rip through MC 20 (Toshiba laptop + Win 8) to an external HDD.  It used to work perfectly.  Now, I have all the following problems.

1.  After a disc rips & ejects, MC refuses to recognize a subsequent disc.  Unless I shut down & restart MC, this is not resolvable.  I've tried opening the "Drives & Devices" tab and configuring the drive, but no luck there.  I've also tried ejecting the disc, reloading it, and asking the Action Window "Rip Disc" to recognize the disc.  No help there either.

2.  MC 20 seems to be truncating all tracks that it rips.  This, also, is new behavior.  Previously I got perfect rips (to WAV) every time.  Now, a quarter to halfway through a track, playback just stops & jumps to another track.  I don't know if this is a problem with ripping or a problem with playback.

3.  MC 20 often hangs & refuses to quit.  I've had to use the old Ctrl-Alt-Delete to open Task Manager & shut the program down.  Again, this is new behavior for MC.

If anyone has any idea how to banish these problems, I'd appreciate it.  As of now, MC is virtually useless to me.

Boomzilla

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Multiple ripping problems
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 03:24:25 pm »

Please make sure you're testing the build from the top of this board.  There were recently some ripping fixes.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Starchild1

• Recent member
Re: Multiple ripping problems
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 06:50:16 am »

I recently was upgraded from 105 to 115.  I'm having a problem when trying to rip more than one copy.  After successfully burning the the 1st copy  and putting in a second desk to burn again, MC115 starts the burn and quits at the 2nd track.  The que is still intact but the burning has stopped and the disk is now useless.  Eventually, I get a message from MC indicating an error has occurred.  I don't recall seeing this behavior in 105.
Pages: [1]   Go Up