INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem reloading deleted files  (Read 969 times)

PNCD1

• Recent member
Problem reloading deleted files
« on: June 27, 2015, 11:09:03 am »

I had a problem with Willie Nelson For the Girls FLAC download: the artist is always "Willie Nelson featuring ...."
I removed it from the library, corrected the tags so that Willie Nelson is the Album Artist and Artist, then ran an import - nothing added.
I tried importing the explicit directory - nothing added.
I did a global search in the files view - nothing found.
I did Open Media File and all the files are there and they are all playable directly.
I have never encountered this problem before and have been a user of MC for about five years, with a library of 80,000 tracks.  Which is to say that I am not and expert nor a beginner, but generally capable around MC 20.
The only thing left to do, that I can think of, is to create a new master library and blow away the old.  I would appreciate your advice.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Problem reloading deleted files
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 11:28:19 am »

try looking at tools>options>library&folders>click on>configure auto import and see if >ignore files previously removed is checked if it is uncheck it....

there is no need to remove files from MC to update the tags....just saying
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

PNCD1

• Recent member
Re: Problem reloading deleted files
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 01:27:11 pm »

Thank you - I should have thought of that.
I deselected ignore files and reran import.  No change.  I ran import single folder.  No change.
Yes, occasionally I do fix tags in MC (especially when MC does not like the cover art) but I generally prefer MP3tag for that task.
Pages: [1]   Go Up