INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Track details in display area (from bug thread)  (Read 1476 times)

jleerigby

Track details in display area (from bug thread)
« on: September 23, 2003, 12:11:10 am »

Moved from bug thread:

JLee:
PLEASE change the status area at the bottom to be back the way it was i.e. if only 1 file is selected show the number of files, size and play time time for all files in the current list.  I have to Ctrl+A regularly to see this data which is a pain. I haven't come across anyone in this forum that prefers it the way it is now but loads asking for it the way it was.  Please don't release it like this.

Omni:
Then, pray tell, how would one see the duration of just one track nice and quickly in the status bar?  No, I think a better solution would be just to provide a quick way to unselect all tracks, like with the ESC key or something.

ZRocker:
I Agree...I even suggested they show more info like totals for the currently selected track(s) AND all the tracks in the viewed playlist (always...lots of wasted space currently even with a customized bottom toolbar).

jleerigby

Re: Track details in display area (from bug thread
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2003, 12:16:55 am »

Omni - Hover over and track info tooltips would give you that.

dragyn

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2003, 02:13:22 am »

Not selecting any files will show the total times etc.

Is that what you want? I don't see this changing any time soon.

Marko

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2003, 02:40:25 am »

Not selecting any files will show the total times etc.

Is that what you want? I don't see this changing any time soon.

Agreed. So the next logical step is to have an easy way to deselect all files. At the moment, there seem to be two options...

1. reduce the displayed columns to a point where there is blank space to the right to click on.

2. Scroll to the bottom of the list where you will find approx 1 pixel worth of blank, and if you are very careful with the mouse, you can click there to deselect everything.

either way is a pain. anyone got any aspirin?

-marko

Omni

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2003, 09:23:58 am »

Omni - Hover over and track info tooltips would give you that.

This is true, but there is that second lag time before the tool tip pops up.

My only concern is that often I am looking for a single track of a specific duration (or less) to fill up a CD or playlist or something.  I do NOT want to have to create a smarlist every time, so this is why I like to be able to go click, click, click through the library and quickly see the selected track's duration in the status bar.

With that said, though, I definitely agree with you about it sometimes being a pain to see the "totals."  Again, to repeat my original suggestion, there needs to be a quick and efficient way to unselect all tracks, like with the ESC key for instance.  (And to the JRiver crew, having to scroll all the way to the bottom to find some whitespace to click on doesn't cut it. :))

Omni

ZRocker

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2003, 03:15:42 pm »

All I (we) want is MC 9.1 to work like MC 9.0 and MJ 6.0 thru MJ 8.1 worked...it wasn't broken all that time, so why 'fix' it now!?
Pages: [1]   Go Up