INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Select Album by Album Artist initial.  (Read 4224 times)

Flavio61

• Recent member
Select Album by Album Artist initial.
« on: June 23, 2015, 01:04:45 pm »

Hello,
to better synchronize my library with my Pono I need to create a smartlist that make a selection in the field "Album Artist" all artists whose initial go from # to the letter H.

Any help? Thank's.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Select Album by Album Artist initial.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 01:10:38 pm »

There might be a smarter way, but this came to mind right away:
[artist]=[a" or artist=[b"

Just keep doing or's for all the letters you want.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 01:11:35 pm »

It looks like this also works:
[artist]=[a-h]

Flavio61

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 03:19:46 pm »

Thank's for your reply.
I had already tried the solutions you suggest, but I get no result.

if I enter this string:

[Media Type]=[Audio] -[Genre]=[Classica] [Date Imported]=>60d [Album Artist]=[A"

I get all the albums with artists beginning with A no Classic genre and not imported in the last 60 days, but if I enter these solutions:

[Media Type]=[Audio] -[Genre]=[Classica] [Date Imported]=>60d [Album Artist]=[A" or [Album Artist]=[B"
[Media Type]=[Audio] -[Genre]=[Classica] [Date Imported]=>60d [Album Artist]=[A-H]

the result is nothing.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 03:22:35 pm »

The smartlist editor switches the input.  Agh!

Input:
[Album Artist]=[A-H]

And it switches to:
[Album Artist]=[A/-H]

And of course that doesn't work.

If you just enter it in the top right it works fine.

Flavio61

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 03:31:48 pm »

I checked myself the problem. No other solution?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 03:34:32 pm »

I checked myself the problem. No other solution?

I sent this thread to Hendrik.  Hopefully he'll pull a rabbit out of the hat.  If not, I'll look at it.

Flavio61

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 03:53:31 pm »

Thank's for all

blgentry

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 03:57:13 pm »

I've seen (and started a thread on) this same issue with square brackets in SmartList definitions causing wonky behavior.  Luckily, REGEX to the rescue!  He's the new super hero of JRiver MC.  Or something like that....  :)

Here's an expression that should do exactly what you're after.  Enter it into the Import/Export box at the lower left of the SmartList editor.

Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio] -[Genre]=[Classical] [Date Imported]=>60d [=regex([Album Artist (auto)], /#^[^i-z]#/,0,0)]=1
Note that I've made this so it grabs everything starting with A-H *and* any special characters.  The best way I could figure out to do that was to tell the regex "everything that is *not* I - Z".  That's what that part near the middle of the regex does that looks like:  ^[^i-z] .  If instead you really want just A - H and no special characters, change it to:

[Media Type]=[Audio] -[Genre]=[Classical] [Date Imported]=>60d [=regex([Album Artist (auto)], /#^[a-h]#/,0,0)]=1
Tested on my system and it seems to work as you want it to.  To do the range of I - Z, just change the a-h in the last expression to i-z.  I'm guessing you're going to want that expression to fill another card on your Pono player.  :)

Brian.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 06:55:56 am »

The smartlist editor switches the input.  Agh!

Input:
[Album Artist]=[A-H]

And it switches to:
[Album Artist]=[A/-H]

And of course that doesn't work.

If you just enter it in the top right it works fine.

This seems like an odd syntax to use. What if I want Album Artist to specifically say "A-H"? There is no distinction here, so the smartlist editor interprets anything like this as a fixed string.
I'm uncomfortable changing this, as it might break anyone that filters for a value with a dash in it.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 07:17:09 am »

I made the switch that Hendrik was reluctant to make.  It will be in the next build.

blgentry

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2015, 09:38:06 am »

Matt, if you're changing the way SmartLists interpret rules, you might look at how it handles square brackets mixed with quotes.  Like:

[Artist] = [ba"

This doesn't work correctly in a SmartList.  See my post here for a bit more detail:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=97769.0

Brian.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2015, 09:47:27 am »

Matt, if you're changing the way SmartLists interpret rules, you might look at how it handles square brackets mixed with quotes.  Like:

[Artist] = [ba"

I pick "starts with" in the Smartlist editor and that's what I get.

Isn't that working for you?

blgentry

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2015, 10:54:49 am »

^ Ok wow.  I posted about this in late May 2015 and it definitely did NOT work.  But it works now!  Good work.  Thank you.  :)

Brian.

Flavio61

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2015, 11:42:17 am »

Here's an expression that should do exactly what you're after.  Enter it into the Import/Export box at the lower left of the SmartList editor.

[Media Type]=[Audio] -[Genre]=[Classical] [Date Imported]=>60d [=regex([Album Artist (auto)], /#^[^i-z]#/,0,0)]=1
Note that I've made this so it grabs everything starting with A-H *and* any special characters.  The best way I could figure out to do that was to tell the regex "everything that is *not* I - Z".  That's what that part near the middle of the regex does that looks like:  ^[^i-z] .  If instead you really want just A - H and no special characters, change it to:

[Media Type]=[Audio] -[Genre]=[Classical] [Date Imported]=>60d [=regex([Album Artist (auto)], /#^[a-h]#/,0,0)]=1

Ok!!!  ;D
This works for me.

Flavio61

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2015, 12:06:25 pm »

I would like to improve my management of Pono player and ask you, more experienced, suggestions if you can improve my practice.

Having to manage a library of more than 400Gb., to syncronize the albums with my Pono I created some SmartList to split my files on SD cards from 64 Gb. each.

The solution that I would take is as follows:

- On the internal memory of the Pono (64 Gb.) I memorize the albums added in the last 60 days.
-[Genre] = [Classical] [Date Imported] = <60d- On the first SD (64 Gb.) I memorize only the classical music's albums
[Genre] = [Classical] ~ sort = [Composer]- On other SD (64 Gb. each) I memorize all the other albums in alphabetical order by field "Album Artist". With this command for artists from # to G:
[Media Type] = [Audio] - [Genre] = [Classical] [Date Imported] => 60d [= regex ([Album Artist] / # ^ [^ gz] # /, 0,0)] = 1and from H to Z others commands so configured:
[Media Type] = [Audio] - [Genre] = [Classical] [Date Imported] => 60d [= regex ([Album Artist (self)] / # ^ [gk] # / , 0,0)] = 1
[Media Type] = [Audio] - [Genre] = [Classical] [Date Imported] => 60d [= regex ([Album Artist (self)] / # ^ [lm] # / , 0,0)] = 1
[Media Type] = [Audio] - [Genre] = [Classical] [Date Imported] => 60d [= regex ([Album Artist (self)] / # ^ [nt] # / , 0,0)] = 1
[Media Type] = [Audio] - [Genre] = [Classical] [Date Imported] => 60d [= regex ([Album Artist (self)] / # ^ [uz] # / , 0,0)] = 1
What do you think about the solution I found? Do you have suggestions to improve it?

blgentry

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2015, 05:38:49 pm »

The idea behind your expressions seems ok to me.  Maybe others will have ideas on how to improve or refine the approach.  I'm writing about the expressions themselves.  I'm guessing there's some kind of copy any paste error because the expressions you have listed won't work.  They are missing commas and dashes in several key places.  Plus there are lots of added spaces that will make the expressions invalid.  Just in case you weren't already aware.

Brian.

Flavio61

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2015, 02:07:35 am »

I think that the copy and paste from JRiver don't work fine.

This is the right command I use:

[Media Type]=[Audio] -[Genre]=[Classica] [=regex([Album Artist (auto)], /#^[a-b]#/,0,0)]=1
etc.etc.etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up