INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 20 Unable to combine into a single album  (Read 2059 times)

kuanj

• World Citizen
MC 20 Unable to combine into a single album
« on: June 25, 2015, 04:21:06 am »

Under Albums MC only show one track but the same album has 8 tracks.
Since system cannot pick u the remaining tracks, is there a way to manually configure it.

see attached pics.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 20 Unable to combine into a single album
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 04:42:46 am »

Under Albums MC only show one track but the same album has 8 tracks.
Since system cannot pick u the remaining tracks, is there a way to manually configure it.

see attached pics.

From the attached screenshot I can see a 2nd album with the same cover art. That suggests to me that you've got inconsistent tagging in the [Album] field. If you make sure that the album name is the same, I'm confident that you'll find all the tracks will come together under 1 album listing.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 06:12:31 am »

I agree that this almost definitely a tagging issue. This is probably due to the naming of the original files which doesn't give the system much to work with because there are no delimiters between the information.

Personally I would settle on a better naming convention that makes it clear what tracks belong to what albums. So, for instance taking your example I would go with:

X:\AiffFlacWav
------Bobo Stenson
-----------Relections
-----------------01 - The Enlightener.aif
-----------------02 - My Man's Gone Now.aif
-----------------03 - Not.aif
-----------------04 - Dormattan.aif
-----------------05 - Q.aif
-----------------06 - Reflections in D.aif
-----------------07 - 12 Tones Old.aif
-----------------08 - Mindiatyr.aif

...or even use you existing names but put track numbers and delimiters in such as '01 - Bobo Stenson - Reflections - The Enlightener.aif'. At least then, even if the tags are not completely correct, you can use the 'Fill Properties From Filename' function to populate the tags correctly with the function '[Track #] - [Name]'

Good luck.

MikeO

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 07:42:39 am »

The other tag to check is Album Artist it needs to have the same value for each track

Mike

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 09:34:09 am »

The other tag to check is Album Artist it needs to have the same value for each track

Mike

Yep .. overlooked that possibility.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 09:48:03 am »

You may have several problems together.  Hard to tell without looking at more information in MC.  A good way to do this, is to find out what Media Center thinks the album, artist, etc is set to for those files.  You can sort (or search) by file name using the Audio > Files view.  If you can find the files you are showing us, in that folder, that will help you figure out what the Album, Artist, and Song titles are for those files.

That being said, I think I have a clue to your problem:  You seem to have two different albums mixed up together.  Album 1, Reflections by Andy Williams:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflections_%28Andy_Williams_album%29

Album 2, Reflections by Bobo Stenson:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflections_%28Bobo_Stenson_album%29

I think you can probably get it sorted out, given that information.  Good luck!

Brian.

kuanj

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 12:37:45 am »

Thanks guys for the tips and your time
Pages: [1]   Go Up