INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Desktop shortcut for theater view  (Read 4789 times)

mlc

Desktop shortcut for theater view
« on: June 23, 2015, 03:58:51 am »

Hello.

Is it possible to make a desktop shortcut for theaterview?
I'm currently working on a project with touch screens, and it seems like the theaterview in JRiver Mediacenter fits my needs, but only if it's possible to access the theater via desktop.

- Matt

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
Re:
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 04:09:22 am »

Do you want MC20 to always start in theater mode or only when started via a custom icon. There are two ways to achieve this.

To always start in theater mode go into Options then click Startup. Near the top of the of the screen under Mode: select Theater View

If you wish to start in theater mode only when clicking a custom icon then this can be done by creating a link to the MC20.exe file within C:\Windows\System32 and issuing the argument /Mode Theater

All the commands are documented here http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands#MC_Commands_Table

John

mlc

Re: Desktop shortcut for theater view
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 04:48:49 am »

Wow. Thanks alot for the quick and thorough reply John! Much obliged!

I've went the custom icon way, that way i'm able to customize they layout of the desktop entirely! :-)

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 04:59:48 am »

Wow. Thanks alot for the quick and thorough reply John! Much obliged!

I've went the custom icon way, that way i'm able to customize they layout of the desktop entirely! :-)

Glad to help and welcome to the forum.

John

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 03:00:54 pm »

You might want to check out this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=84541.msg577611#msg577611

Just change mc19.exe to mc20.exe in the scripts to modify it to work with MC20.  I still use this at home, with my icon for Theater View, and it works great.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 03:46:39 am »

You might want to check out this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=84541.msg577611#msg577611

Just change mc19.exe to mc20.exe in the scripts to modify it to work with MC20.  I still use this at home, with my icon for Theater View, and it works great.

Hi Glynor,

I remember you came up with this solution a while back. I just thought since the user was a newbie to the forum and the fact he was using a Touch Screen which would grab focus automatically as soon as the screen was touched the two solutions I proposed were the easiest.

Girder is a fantastic application, I've know Ron the original coder of it since way back when he still lived in the Netherlands and did many of the early scripts for it. Glad to hear it's still being used.

John

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
Re:
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 06:17:36 am »

To always start in theater mode go into Options then click Startup. Near the top of the of the screen under Mode: select Theater View

One thing that annoys me when opening directly in Theater View (whether via arguments in a shortcut or by changing the option) is that when you exit Theater View, Standard View remains open.

If I open in Theater View directly, Standard View should not also open in the background for me to have to grab the keyboard to close (I like leaving my HTPC on the desktop as I have a 10 second rolling background).  Theater View should almost be a "separate" application (.exe) that you can launch without having to have Standard View open too (then you can create a shortcut to the Theater View .exe instead of using arguments).

Or maybe, instead of faffing about with all that, have another Exit option in Theater View: Return to Standard View.  If you choose this option, Standard View then remains open.  If you just Exit Theater View, Standard View should also close, even if you previously chose Return to Standard View.

mlc

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 02:27:38 am »

I've got the solution i needed for touch system, although now i ended up sharing same problem as WeeHappyPixie, i'd like to close the entire software as soon as i leave Theater view.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 03:01:39 am »

One thing that annoys me when opening directly in Theater View (whether via arguments in a shortcut or by changing the option) is that when you exit Theater View, Standard View remains open.

In Theatre View, select Exit (far right option on top level scroller) on a touch screen, or press Escape on a keyboard, or use a keyboard or mouse to select that item.
Select option "System Sleep, Shutdown, & More..."
Select "Close Media Center".

Done. Should work fine on a touch screen, or with a remote, keyboard, or mouse.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up