INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Standard View completely disappeared  (Read 1692 times)

AndyU

• Galactic Citizen
MC Standard View completely disappeared
« on: July 06, 2015, 12:45:39 pm »

Recently downloaded 20.0.124. Was playing fine, browsing, etc. Noticed that the MC main window had gone, though music still playing. Clicked the MC icon in toolbar, grey Media Centre Banner came up, tried View > Standard View: nothing, tried View > Mini View: Worked, got mini view, tried View > Display View: nothing, tried View > Cover view: worked. Logged out and back. Same - Can't get either display view or standard view. Shut machine down and restarted. Same - no Standard view or Display view. If I right click the MC icon in toolbar and select Show all windows, the screen goes all blurry except for a blue patch with a mini version of the MC standard view in it. So effectively I can't use MC. This is a base level mac mini a few months old uptodate with all software. Can someone help me get a working MC back please? I have about 9 days left in the trial I think.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC Standard View completely disappeared
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 01:37:59 pm »

You should probably try installing 20.0.124.  Just drag MC from the download DMG into the Applications shortcut and chose "replace".  Your library and settings will all be preserved, as they are stored outside of the app in your home directory.

If that doesn't work, I'll defer to more knowledgeable people.

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 01:49:20 pm »

Try ctrl-1 or the Mac equivalent.  Cmd?

AndyU

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 02:15:51 pm »

Ha! Just figured it out. I moved the toolbar to the right edge of the screen, and lo and behold there was the top of the MC window just under where the toolbar had been. Easy enough to drag it upwards back into the land of the living.  I use a large toolbar, as I have a big screen. Haven't got a clue how it got hidden in the first place though.

(ps bigentry - it already was 20.0.124 - I had downloaded this to see if it fixed the clicking issue, which it didn't)
Pages: [1]   Go Up