INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Device compatibility questions  (Read 1612 times)

marklmusto

Device compatibility questions
« on: July 06, 2015, 05:54:45 pm »

I have Macbook Air running latest iteration of JR - my library includes muti res albums including flac, mp4, and hi-res of various flavors including 88.2, 96, 176 and 192 and DSD.  

I frequently get the DSP error message saying output not compatible.  my only trial-error solution is to set all to 44.khz  but that seems to defeat the purpose of JR/buying hi-res files. where am i going wrong/what is limiting factor?

1.  what settings should i use above 44.1 if any?
2.  what is max that Beolit12 can handle wirelessly?  (as i try to play over this wireless device and i know it has limitations but could not locate on web)

as a subsidiary question:

3.  when my Mac is plugged into front interface input on my Luxman receiver - an OLD luxman circa 1994 - what are max settings it will handle playing through its input - i bought a Dragonfly 1.2 - will i able to play up to 98khz thru the Dragonfly/Luxman?  do i set all settings to 96khz in that situation?

i am taking it that there is no album-specific setting and no auto-recognition

Mark

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Device compatibility questions
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 06:10:12 pm »

The compatibility issues may just be a limit of the devices.  You could try resampling everything to 96/16 or even higher, using MC's DSP Studio/Output Settings. 

If you use a Dragonfly, you're sending it digital, but the Dragonfly outputs analog, so you just need a compatible cable and input on your receiver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up