INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.256 beta available  (Read 6454 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.256 beta available
« on: September 19, 2003, 09:00:01 am »

Please read carefully before downloading.

This is BETA software.  There are still some known (and unknown) bugs.      

The latest known stable version of 9.1 beta is here:    
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter9_1.exe    

The latest build of 9.1 beta is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91256.exe

Please report only known problems in this thread.   If you want to discuss changes in the UI or make requests, please use another thread.

History:
1. Fixed: During resizing, the Action Window wouldn't draw as expected.
2. Fixed: "Full Albums" modifier searches didn't work to get a random number of full albums. (ex: [Track #]==1 ~a ~n=10)
3. Fixed: Scrollbars in thumbnail lists would sometimes hide / appear when they shouldn't.
4. Fixed: Skins that didn't specify a top menu offset weren't resizable from the top left corner.
5. Changed: Menus now accessible from the top pixel of the screen so they're easier to hit in maximized mode.
6. Fixed: Random selection smartlists were not working properly in Media Server.
7. Fixed: Sometimes panes that needed scrollbars wouldn't draw them right away.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RhinoBanga

• Developer
Re: Media Center 9.1.256 beta available
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2003, 09:23:45 am »

Bug:

When double-clicking on an album thumbnail to play it it's not adding the tracks to playing now in the order as defined in the list view.   It always seems to be sorted by track# ... which, for example, makes playing double cd albums play in the incorrect order.

P.S.  Does "sort by track# for albums" in options take into consideration the CD #?

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2003, 10:06:04 am »

Bug:

Media Center Client connected to a Media Server does not displays thumbnails of WMA albums.

The "Image File" column shows values like this:

m01p://192.168.0.30:8079/CoverArt/F:\Mi música\Discos\Avril Lavigne - Let Go\02 - Complicated.wma

The correct value should be:

"m01p://192.168.0.30:8079/F:\Mi música\Discos\Avril Lavigne - Let Go\folder.jpg"

This problem does not appear in MP3 albums.

clout

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2003, 10:34:39 am »

7. Fixed: Sometimes panes that needed scrollbars wouldn't draw them right away.

Much nicer. this is the way it should be!

Thank you

natechavez

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2003, 10:58:27 am »

Has anyone else been having this problem:

Whenever I double-click on an AVI file (Divx, Xvid, MPEG4...) I get this messge:

Ërror restoring Media Center License:
Invalid file type [Path to AVI is given]

I was hoping this would be reseolved wit this version but it hasn't.  Everything works fine if I open it from with MC or even if I right-click on it, go down to MC and say play

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2003, 11:05:51 am »

Media Center Smartlist bug:

- Applying a different sort order to the Random One Hour Auto Smartlist, (i.e. Media Type: Audio Limit: 60 minutes Sort: Artist), returns only tracks with blank Artists instead of sorting it by Artist after limiting it.  The sorting field can be any field and Artist was only used as an example.

TiVo HMO Bug:

- In using the Hard Disk Location view scheme, the <this folder> returns "This folder does not contain any playable music", when in fact there are .mp3s in that folder.

I'll start a separate thread to provide some more details.

Thanks,
-J

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2003, 11:16:49 am »

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/09/09   Priority: Low
    Folder Displayed Twice
    In My Computer, if a folder is dragged to a new location it appears two times.
Toast goes in the toaster.

dragyn

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2003, 02:19:59 pm »

png transparency is not being applied in the views. They show as black. These files show fine in explorer.

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2003, 03:30:40 pm »

4. Fixed: Skins that didn't specify a top menu offset weren't resizable from the top left corner.
Maybe this is connected with this fix:
Buttons on location bar are now drawn too close to the right border. It would be nicer if they were drawn about 10 pixels more to the left...
Edit: The bottom toolbar is also a little bit misplaced now, but too far to the left... it also looks squeezed somehow...

List Drawing Bug
The icon list in the "Customize Menu Bar" dialog does not support the transparency of the "SmallIcons.png".

List Drawing Bug
After horizontal scrolling track lists to the right, the "List_HeaderBar" of the columns don't show "mouse over" hover effect and "mouse down" state.

List Drawing Bug
When resizing MC, some pixel of the list content flash between "List_BrowseHeaderBar" / "List_HeaderBar" and pane list / track list.

List Drawing Bug
Tooltips of album thumbnails that are drawn upwards only flash for a short time and then vanish.

Top Toolbar Drawing Bug
If "OffsetX" for the "TopBar" has a value greater than 50, the Minimize-, Maximize/Restore-, and Close-Buttons of the Mainframe are overdrawn by the toolbar buttons when resizing MC to a smaller width.

Frame Drawing Bug
The Minimize-, Maximize/Restore-, and Close-Buttons of "Frame"/Dialog windows don't show "mouse over"/hover effect. Only normal and "mouse down" states are displayed.

Don't know if this has worked before:
When listening to web radio, Playing Now's Track Info does not refresh when a new song starts. It's sticked to the page that is loaded when you start listening to the station.

---------------------------------------------------------

Media Center 9.1.256 -- C:\Programme\Audio\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 2016 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 806 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3315.2902 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive J: TEAC     CD-W524E           Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2003, 04:28:30 pm »

Has anyone else been having this problem:

Whenever I double-click on an AVI file (Divx, Xvid, MPEG4...) I get this messge:

Ërror restoring Media Center License:
Invalid file type [Path to AVI is given]

I was hoping this would be reseolved wit this version but it hasn't.  Everything works fine if I open it from with MC or even if I right-click on it, go down to MC and say play

Nate, can you start a new thread on this?  It may be a bug, but we need to know more.  Any details would be appreciated.  I wonder if MC is in a different directory than when the Windows file associations were first set.  

shadySean

• Recent member
  • Napalm hurts.
Use screen grab for thumbnail not available
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2003, 02:47:21 am »

I am unable to see and use the "use screen grab for thumbnail" option with videos.
I pause the video, right click and the option is not there. I have made sure I am doing it right, and have seen that friends on their computers can do it.
I have tried it on .avi, .mov and .mpg. All the same.

Here is my system info:
Media Center 9.1.256 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
AMD Athlon 1807 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 754 MB

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4522.1800 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4522.1800 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: BTC      BCO4016IM          Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

---
Thanks

scott_r

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Use screen grab for thumbnail not available
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2003, 02:56:08 am »

I am unable to see and use the "use screen grab for thumbnail" option with videos.
I pause the video, right click and the option is not there. I have made sure I am doing it right, and have seen that friends on their computers can do it.
I have tried it on .avi, .mov and .mpg. All the same.

This bug was originally posted in
http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1063461474

Scott.

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2003, 06:00:35 am »

In the tree view scheme, when a folder contains both subfolders and individual files that are not in any subfolder, MC shows <this folder> along with the subfolders.  I'm not sure, but it looks like <this folder> is supposed to show the files not in subfolders.

But <this folder> is blank.

Marko

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2003, 06:56:56 am »

GUI Bug-ette
From the top toolbar (&file etc) Go to....

Player > player options.

Top 2 items here, shuffle and continuous used to have a tick beside them if they were active. There's not one now and it took me some time to figure out why files wouldn't arrive in playing now in the order in which they were sent.
If it's not a bug, please can we have the ticks back?

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2003, 10:26:18 am »

Problem with view panes and list data types:

I tried the following based upon recommendations by somewhere else:

Create 3 view panes all based on the artist field.  The first pane is grouped by six.  The second pane is grouped by 1 and the third pane has no grouping.

For the Artist field, this works as expected. When I click on A-F, The second pane shows the letters A through F and the third pane shows only artists beginning with one of these letters. Click on A in the second pane and the third pane shows only artists beginning with the letter A.

Great so far.  The problem occurs when I do this for a field containing List data. In this case, if I click on A-F in the first pane, the 2nd and 3rd panes display correctly.  However, if I now click on the letter B in the second pane, the third pane does not refresh properly. It continues to display all data beginning with the letters A-F rather than only data beginning with the letter B.

In other words, creating three or more view panes based on the same list data type field does not filter correctly.

Media Center Registered 9.1.256 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Intel Pentium III 996 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 99 MB

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4134.0600 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4134.600 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-52246S         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2003, 08:16:05 am »

Up to 80% CPU usage when mouse rests in PlayerBar area ? ? ?

On my system MC needs about 2% of CPU usage when minimized, 2% to 5% when displaying library. It uses 2% to 20% when in PlayinNow (dependent on visualization...) - so far so good...

But everytime the mouse is over the PlayerBar area, 50% to 60% additional CPU usage is needed. It doesn't matter if the mouse is moving or not, if the arrow is over the display, sliders, buttons or just the background of the PlayerBar area. MC doesn't seem to do anything more than before, but it catches these 50% to 60%... The memory usage is not increased. After leaving the PlayerBar area, the CPU usage returns to it's "normal" value.

DancingSamurai

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2003, 11:07:13 am »

Bug?:

When rotating EXIF JPGs, the thumbnail within the EXIF header is not rotated.
--DancingSamurai
... Use tasteful words. You may have to eat them.

LisaRCT

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2003, 01:02:08 pm »

listening to mp3 streams,  still not updating the song title playing in the Track Info pane.

jleerigby

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2003, 01:45:37 am »

Long time reproducable bug:

In Windows Explorer right click>Media Centre>Play and Add to Playing Now both do the same thing (add to PN).

8thNote

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2003, 04:16:17 am »

When watching a DVD, jumping in the playback timeline (looking for a particular scene) causes the timeline position indicator jumps back as if in the wrong "scale."

Steps
1. Play DVD in MC 9.1.256
2. In the playback timeline "scrollbar," pick a small section around 10%  and start clicking around within timeline "minutes."
3. Timeline "scrollbar" indicator jumps back to 5%, but clicking shortly after it (what one would think is just a minute or so later) jumps the actual playback to 5%, rather than just the indicator as stated.

I tested this is some older betas, and had the same problem.

JohnT

Re: Use screen grab for thumbnail not available
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2003, 05:58:28 am »

Here is my system info:
Media Center 9.1.256 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

This option is only available on Windows XP. The frame grab function we use is not reliable on older windows versions.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

tdampier

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2003, 06:35:34 am »

Having issues with Media Center taking up to 90% of CPU.  

Any suggestions on fixing of this?  This is Windows XP SP1 machine.  

In task Manager it shows Media JukeBox.exe

Thanks,

Troy

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2003, 08:14:17 am »

However, TV no longer works for me. Using a PCTV with BTWINCAP drivers which work in other apps.

You say it no longer works for you. So it used to work, right? With which version of MC? There has not been an update of TV component for a while (since MC version 9.1.238.)

TV doesn't work with the PCTV WDM drivers (55MB download!!!) either.

Can you start a new thread and tell me more about it? When you say TV does not work, how did it behave? Did you see any error messages?

Are you able to get to "TV Options"/"Advanced", which gives you a property sheet with four pages. If you can, click "Advanced Properties" tab, and click "Reset button".
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2003, 09:47:52 am »

A possible ripping/mp3 encoding issue may exist in MC 9.1.256.

CD's which play perfectly on standalone cd player, when ripped in MC 9.1.256 (in secure and/or ECC modes) exhibit a few pops at beginning of some tracks. No DSP is being used to playback lame mp3s recorded with a CBR320 setting using MC9's internal lame 3.93.1 dll downloaded from Media Center plugins.

Tried ripping the same CD (James Horner - Titanic) with MC9.1.256 (secure and ECC modes) and with EAC (secure) for comparison. Playing the same mp3 track (James Horner - Titanic - "Hymn To The Sea"  15MB), separately ripped with EAC and MC9.1.256 results in pops in MC9.1.256, but no pops when played with WMP9. The pops, most of the time, only appear toward the beginning of the track; the first 30 seconds or so.

This problem is not specific to the Titanic CD, but happens on many others as well.

Using Plextor Premium CD-RW to rip. Running XP Pro SP1. P4 3.06GHz cpu, 1 GB DDR.  Also tried different drive to rip (Pioneer DVR105) with same results.
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

stuart_tetley

• Recent member
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2003, 10:03:18 am »

Having all sorts of problems with the 'Convert Format feature.  I'm trying to convert WAV to MP3, and it usually does the first one OK.  Sometimes it manages two, or occasionally three.  Then the converter dialog stops responding (though the rest of MC continues to respond.)  

If I select the files one at a time, it converts the first OK, then on the second, it doesn't even get started.

Tried the same thing with the MPegPlus encoder, and it halted about 90% through the first file I tried.

In all cases, a reboot is required before conversion will work again.  Something is left running invisibly, as when I shut down, Windows indicates there's a non-responding Media Center program, which I have to kill.

It left various files behind/ eg  [Filename].mp3.XXXXXX

MC 9.1.250 and 9.1.256.  Win2000 SP3/P-3/512Mb Ram

mjcumming

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2003, 10:22:40 am »

I am also getting occasional very high CPU usage.... I haven't been able to reliably reproduce it :(

ALSO

The ANALYZE tools still dies due to errors.

JohnT

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2003, 10:41:02 am »

Tried ripping the same CD (James Horner - Titanic) with MC9.1.256 (secure and ECC modes) and with EAC (secure) for comparison. Playing the same mp3 track (James Horner - Titanic - "Hymn To The Sea"  15MB), separately ripped with EAC and MC9.1.256 results in pops in MC9.1.256, but no pops when played with WMP9.

I'm opening a separate thread with subject "Pops in ripped tracks".
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up