INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art 72dpi  (Read 1026 times)

tdampier

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Cover Art 72dpi
« on: September 21, 2003, 06:34:50 pm »

I was wondering if there was some way to change the default cover art size from 92dpi to 72dpi.  

Or does anyone know of a utility to do it?

I am trying to plug this into DVDLobby which only allows 72dpi cover art for Music Cover Art.

Thanks

phelt

Re: Cover Art 72dpit
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2003, 02:04:20 am »

You could try IrfanView. It's free and it does batch conversion.

Once IrfanView is running, press 'B' on your keyboard or use the File menu to open the batch conversion box. In the lower right of that box you want to enable "use advanced options" and click "set advanced options". There's a "set DPI" box in the resulting window. Set your other preferences in the batch window and you should be set. As ever, a test run which makes new images instead of overwriting is recommended  :)

Sidenote: I'm not familiar with DVDLobby, and I wonder why it even cares what the DPI is for cover images, and why the Mac standard of 72 dpi was chosen  ?

tdampier

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Cover Art 72dpi
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2003, 06:37:05 am »

Thanks,  It appears to have converted it to 72dpi properly.  Need to test cover art now.  Iam having a performance issue with Media Jukebox.exe right now and cannot test the converted image.

This is a limitation of Flash according to Mario that it only does 72dpi :)

tdampier

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Cover Art 72dpi
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2003, 08:45:23 am »

This works right now that it converted them down to 72dpi.  Thanks a bunch for the util.  I still have the utilization issue with media center but I am assuming this is a bug in either MusicLobby or Media Center Beta I am using.

Thanks,

Troy
Pages: [1]   Go Up