INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PDA Plugin: How to put music into SD card?  (Read 1310 times)

twentworth22

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
PDA Plugin: How to put music into SD card?
« on: September 19, 2003, 07:24:59 pm »

I'm trying to sync a playlist to my MS Smartphone (Mio Mitac 8380).   I've installed the PDA Plugin and my Mio correctly shows up in the CD, DVD, Handheld section.

When I try and add my playlist to the Mio, it does add the files to the "queue".  However- there is no way for me to specify the SD memory card instead of the internal memory.  Even if I drag files to the location of my SD card (/SDMMC Disk) there is still no way to sync to the SD card, it always trys to use the internal memory.

I hope someone can help me here.  I really want to impress my friends with my ability to play mp3s over my phone using the speakerphone :-)

jantypas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: PDA Plugin: How to put music into SD card?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2003, 10:07:13 pm »

I don't have an answer for you Sir, but to add more requests for this to JRiver, consider the following scenario:

I have a Pocket PC device that can take CF or SD cards.  Yes, I can use the PPC plugin, but USB takes a while when you have 512MB...  I'd like to just transfer directly to the memory card via an external reader.  And, I'd like to be able to transcode files along the way -- no need to have the PPC hold files at 192Kb/s.    In effect, I'd like a cross between the PPC plug in and the portable drive plug in.

I can almost do this now, but it's an evil hack. (Aren't all hacks evil?)  To do this, I have to tag a bunch of files, transcode them, and the use the library tools to Copy them.  It works, but it's clumsy.

jantypas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2003, 10:07:15 pm »

I don't have an answer for you Sir, but to add more requests for this to JRiver, consider the following scenario:

I have a Pocket PC device that can take CF or SD cards.  Yes, I can use the PPC plugin, but USB takes a while when you have 512MB...  I'd like to just transfer directly to the memory card via an external reader.  And, I'd like to be able to transcode files along the way -- no need to have the PPC hold files at 192Kb/s.    In effect, I'd like a cross between the PPC plug in and the portable drive plug in.

I can almost do this now, but it's an evil hack. (Aren't all hacks evil?)  To do this, I have to tag a bunch of files, transcode them, and the use the library tools to Copy them.  It works, but it's clumsy.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2003, 06:42:38 am »

twentworth22,

After installing the PDA plugin you should see your MS Smartphone listed in the tree. If you expand the tree you should see an entry for "Storage Card". If you drag and drop files on this entry, you should be able to click on "Windows CE" and then upload the files. Can you try these steps and detail where the problem is?

jantypas,

Does your external reader show up as a removable drive letter? If so, you should see it under "CD, DVD and Handhelds" and then be able to access it without a plugin. Transoding will also work for you.

Steve

Pages: [1]   Go Up