Networks and Remotes > Remotes

DAC displays 16bit instead of 24bit

<< < (3/5) > >>

vigotone:
Yes because when I play 24/48 files stored locally in the regular Music app (that's the highest bit rate the iPhone can accept natively) and connect via the lighting-to-usb camera adapter, the DAC accurately reads it as 24/48. And like I said, it is recognizing the sample rate as 96kHZ, but the bit depth is 16 instead of 24.

mwillems:
Not necessarily.  If the cable was bandwidth limited (which is what I've seen suggested different places), both 48/24 and 96/16 could work, but 96/24 could still fail because the total bandwidth would not be adequate.  48/24 has a lower bitrate than 96/16 (bit rate and bit depth are different things).  Do you have any other software that can play 96/24 to test?

vigotone:
I have Onkyo HF player, but I haven't downloaded the HD pack. I'll have to do that to try it out...

vigotone:
Oh, but bear in mind, even that same 24/48 material (which is read perfectly when played natively through the music app) is down-res'd to 16/48 through JRemote!

Just verified: I played a 24/48 track in the music app through the adapter and it registered as 24/48. Played the same track in JRemote through the adapter and it's showing 16/48. JRemote refuses to pass 24 bit files without converting down to 16 bit!

vigotone:
Can anyone offer any help for this? I messaged LesPaul but haven't heard back!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version