Networks and Remotes > Remotes

DAC displays 16bit instead of 24bit

<< < (4/5) > >>

vigotone:
Sorry to bump this, but is there any way to get in touch with the developer about this? JRemote is NOT passing 24 bits!

vigotone:
Can any developers help figure this out? I"m happy to provide any additional info...

Macca:
I am having the same issue. All file types to include DSD display 16 on my DAC

bob:

--- Quote from: vigotone on July 08, 2015, 12:43:46 pm ---Oh, but bear in mind, even that same 24/48 material (which is read perfectly when played natively through the music app) is down-res'd to 16/48 through JRemote!

Just verified: I played a 24/48 track in the music app through the adapter and it registered as 24/48. Played the same track in JRemote through the adapter and it's showing 16/48. JRemote refuses to pass 24 bit files without converting down to 16 bit!

--- End quote ---
JRemote iOS will not convert the file to the device zone unless it's told to. See attached.

Edit: I checked the code. Please try this with a FLAC format file to see if there is any difference.
My DAC can't show the bitdepth but it does show the sample rate and when I play to an iDSD nano connected through a Apple camera adapter I get 192k sample rate as expected.

Macca:
i would appreciate some assistance. I have version 30. All my music files only show 16 bit rate on my dac. Is there a way to change the bit rate in JR river to the correct bit rate?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version