Networks and Remotes > Remotes

DAC displays 16bit instead of 24bit

<< < (5/5)

bob:

--- Quote from: Macca on August 16, 2023, 04:59:44 pm ---i would appreciate some assistance. I have version 30. All my music files only show 16 bit rate on my dac. Is there a way to change the bit rate in JR river to the correct bit rate?

--- End quote ---
Did you do what the previous post asked and try a 24 bit FLAC format file?

Macca:
i tried again a few minutes ago. The flac 24/96 file played correctly this time. I then played a 24/192 flac file but it played at 24/96. Next I attempted an AIFF file 24/96 and it played this time correctly. Next i played a higher resolution AIFF File but it played at 24/96 also. Last, I played a DSF file and it also played at 24/96.
I downloaded Audirvana to test if I had the same issues. I did not as all files played at the correct resolution.
Thanks for the assistance.

bob:

--- Quote from: Macca on August 27, 2023, 11:30:53 pm ---i tried again a few minutes ago. The flac 24/96 file played correctly this time. I then played a 24/192 flac file but it played at 24/96. Next I attempted an AIFF file 24/96 and it played this time correctly. Next i played a higher resolution AIFF File but it played at 24/96 also. Last, I played a DSF file and it also played at 24/96.
I downloaded Audirvana to test if I had the same issues. I did not as all files played at the correct resolution.
Thanks for the assistance.

--- End quote ---
The reason I asked is because flac files have special treatment (along with some others) when being sent to the library that handles audio but I didn't see that for ALAC. I'll see if there is a way to send the ALAC files that way as well, there may or may not be a handler for that in the library we are using. I'll probably ask you to test again since none of us has a DAC that can attach to an iDevice that displays bitdepth.

Macca:
Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version