Networks and Remotes > Remotes

DAC displays 16bit instead of 24bit

<< < (2/5) > >>

vigotone:
Thanks for replying, Styxx, but this is when I connect my iPhone or iPad to my DAC via Lightning-To-USB Camera Adapter. I am streaming 24/96 files from MC to JRemote, but the DAC is displaying 16/96 for some reason.

AndrewFG:
You have the DAC plugged into the phone? Why don't you try plugging it into th PC instead?

Heathwood99:
Out of interest what bit rate is shown in JRemote?

I have similar issues with my render and I'm never sure which device to believe.

;)

vigotone:
Andrew, this is my upstairs, bedroom DAC, not the DAC on my main system. It's also a test to see if JRemote is properly streaming hi-res to an iPhone or iPad. It would seem that it's not, since 24 bit tracks are being down-res'd to 16 bit, according to my DAC, which accurately reports bit depth and sample rate for all other sources.

Heathwood99: When you press the "i" for info it says bit depth 24 and sample rate 96000. And on the bottom right of the player screen it says 96kHz/32bit with a "CA" in a box. But according to my DAC (which as I said is accurate for all sources I've tried in the past), it is only receiving 16/96.

Could someone ask LesPaul about this?

mwillems:
Are you confident that your adapter cable supports high res playback?  I've read a few forums posts indicating that some lightning to usb adapters don't properly support high-res files (because they're intended for use with cameras, not as audio transports). 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version