INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 20 (Mac) won't recognize Android phone  (Read 5790 times)

Orange64

MC 20 (Mac) won't recognize Android phone
« on: July 08, 2015, 04:27:48 pm »

Hi all:

I'd like to be able to sync my Oneplus One phone with the MC (I'm running build 20.0.116 on my iMac), but I keep getting the message "No handhelds present." I had it connected via USB as a media device (MTP), but I see that MTP isn't supported (if I have that right), so I tried switching to the camera connection (PTP) without success. "Redetect device" does nothing. I toyed around with "Add device" but I'm not sure what to input for "Device path."

I've searched through the forum and can't find an answer to this question, and I'm not sure if the problem is with the phone or the computer. Any wisdom greatly appreciated. And apologies if this should have been put in the Mac forum.

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC 20 (Mac) won't recognize Android phone
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 07:44:08 am »

Unfortunately Android phones can't be synchronized on Mac because they require the "Android File Transfer" tool. 

For more information about moving files manually, take a look at this page: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2840804?hl=en
Adam Thompson, JRiver

Orange64

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 08:42:19 am »

Thanks for the reply and the link. I had a feeling that was the case...

RVA_Don

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 12:28:01 pm »

Unfortunately Android phones can't be synchronized on Mac because they require the "Android File Transfer" tool. 

For more information about moving files manually, take a look at this page: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2840804?hl=en

Actually, they do not require Android File Transfer. There are several syncing apps (SyncMate for one) that use OSXFUSE to mount the Android device on a Mac. It's just not implemented in MC.

dafloydman

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 03:45:31 am »

it is becoming typical
Pages: [1]   Go Up